Houzz Logo Print
jeannie_nguyen

IdeaChat Video - Home Urinal - 10.3.13

Jeannie Nguyen
hace 10 años
última modificación:hace 10 años
Where would you install a urinal in your home?

Watch today's IdeaChat video and vote to let us know where you would place a urinal. If you're against the idea of having one in your home, let us know why in the comments. Have your own urinal? Share your photos!

Now, who needs to go to the bathroom? :X

Comentarios (62)

• PRO
    Jaju design & development
    hace 10 años
    lol all comments from women.
  • rgd1805
    hace 10 años
    The garage?
  • Keerthi Naidu
    hace 10 años
    If I was married, and was lucky enough to have the space for a man cave, (I know this is a lot of what-ifs, but) I would totally install one for my husband. Why not! And they save water too!
  • Dawn Hofstad
    hace 10 años
    We just built a house and installed an American Standard waterless urinal in our main bath. My husband and two boys LOVE it! Wipe clean and saves tons of water!
  • pegonia1
    hace 10 años
    Only in an outhouse!
  • User
    hace 10 años
    No need to hide these lovelies!!
  • pegonia1
    hace 10 años
    Bluenan - I can see one of those in my outhouse. It will certainly brighten things up ;-)
  • redd4lfe1
    hace 10 años
    first the all purpose toilet w/ bidet then the urinal. We are talking about the idea of a small bathroom in the garage with the urinal. Thanks for the idea.
  • Uwe Preul
    hace 10 años
    BTW Urinals do have lids.
  • eadamsotto
    hace 10 años
    Put it in a seperate "boys room" with its own cleaning supplies!
  • Angel 18432
    hace 10 años
    I'd put one in the next county.
  • Judy
    hace 10 años
    Yeah, I was about to say that I have seen them with lids. Presumably (hopefully) they would shut automatically :-) I certainly wouldn't want it in my bathroom, would want it in a separate space. It would come in handy, even if you have your men trained. Can't train visitors. BTW, just heard (from my son) that my ex got trained by his new wife :-)
  • PRO
    Jaju design & development
    hace 10 años
    this is ours
    Bathroom · Más información
  • pattyannb
    hace 10 años
    hey... I would have done my son's bathroom with all tile, with a drain in the center...
    Boys are so bad... And, they grow up to be so bad at that sort of thing

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=buls+eye+torlet&qpvt=buls+eye+torlet&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=88F4A326C338D6F0D286F75F711B52D2D1272D83&selectedIndex=7
  • PRO
    Studio M Interior Design
    hace 10 años
    I wouldn't personally, but I think for a clients mancave this could be pretty fun + kitschy!
  • Muriel Geny-Triffaut
    hace 10 años
    Hurray for all men in here that either have urinals OR seat when using the toilet. And hurray for all the women who teach their kids to pee sitting.
  • Jason Shepard
    hace 10 años
    Ok, I could no longer resist after some of the more recent comments:

Hurray for all the women who allow their children to be children and their men to be men!

Yay for all the women who don't treat their men like animals and attempt to "train" them and for them to bend to their every little whim no matter how unreasonable and unnatural.

Congratulations to all those people who Angel is buying urinals for in the next county! What a water saving county that will be, eh?

Sheesh, it's no wonder society is tanking down the toilet (and yet another reason to have a urinal! LOL).
  • Austin Boudreaux
    hace 10 años
    I would say only if you have a separate water closet for your toilet.
  • Ngọc Huyền Ngô
    hace 10 años
    Are u Vietnamese? Can u speak our langue :D?
    Ở Việt Nam, việc có một bồn tiểu riêng như thế này thường rất hiếm, mọi người sẽ dùng bồn cầu chung.
  • changeisagoodthing
    hace 10 años
    Reply to Jason Shepard - I applaud you if you are the one doing the cleaning in your household.
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    @Ngoc: Tôi nói một chút tiếng việt. :)
  • PRO
    EZ Light Wraps
    hace 10 años
    I would love to have the opportunity to design a waterfall wall urinal - A waterfall that comes on when you flick on the light switch that would be used as a urinal - think of an elegant lighted straight wall feature with natural stone or glass tile that ends in a hidden drain. Most homes have enough space issues that adding a urinal is impractical.

Just being in a public bathroom yesterday, there was a toilet and urinal 3' apart and of course, dribbles under the wall hung urinal. it is not that men don't know how to hit the target, the process after that is the issue. The base should come out to their feet.

I did see a great man cave recently of a 3000 sf garage with a urinal in a slate space also having an open shower. Was well done.
  • Jason Shepard
    hace 10 años
    @kvautour My wife and I share all cleaning duties. There is no such thing as a "man's job" or "women's work" in our home. It doesn't matter if I work 20 hours or 70 hours in one week, when I get home I am ready to help with whatever needs to be done because that's what a marriage is supposed to be--support of one another. I actually just finished cleaning the bathroom right before I came to this thread. :)
  • Pegster
    hace 10 años
    I'd like one in my backyard to save the grass from Hubby's nightly peccadillo.
  • PRO
    Curb Appeal Fixers Landscaping
    hace 10 años
    It would work for the kids easy to potty train little boys
  • jacques976
    hace 10 años
    for work I traveled a lot to different parts of the country and went to a lot of bathrooms. no way would I have a urinal in my bathroom. they are dirty and smelly from the get go.
  • Giselle Kardonski
    hace 10 años
    Are you kidding me! Some of you want to "train" your husbands and sons? Im all for teaching them to be clean but "trianing" them to pee sitting down like a woman? In that case, its a better idea to marry another woman. What are they "training" you to do?

I have three sons and they pee standing up and afterwards clean up after themselves, but urinals would be fun!
  • 1dudette
    hace 10 años
    disgusting
  • Greg the PAINT-IT! guy
    hace 10 años
    I guess I must have misread the comment about urinals having "pink things" in them??? While I find the whole mindset of women taking on a self righteous task of "training" the males in their household (should putting the seat down not be everyone's task after... well, you know). Why is the "seat thing" such a big deal??? You're PO'd if they leave it down and pee on it, you're PO'd if they leave It up, you're PO'd if they miss... what IS your actual GOAL?? Control! Control the males in your household by emasculating them at the very basic of levels (urination is for everyone, ladies!) and take responsibility for your own pee!!! THAT INCLUDES MALES!! You miss, you get on your hands and knees and start CLEANING... not just a slight swipe with three squares of toilet paper, either! CLEAN IT UP!!! LADIES!! MANAGE YOUR OWN SEAT PREFERENCES (and wash the undersides of the dang seat, will ya!!??) You KNOW it's always a mess as well as I do! That's why I hate lifting it and putting it back down (in case you didn't know I know. I KNOW!)
  • changeisagoodthing
    hace 10 años
    @Jason Shepard - no need for a lecture on what a marriage is supposed to be. Household cleaning, etc is a shared responsibility in our home as well as I am sure it is in many others. Just wanted to make the point that splashers create messes and that urinals don't solve that issue at all.

If you don't mind cleaning up after yourself, your spouse and your child then good for you; obviously your parent(s) taught you something right. However, suggesting that some people "treat their men like animals and attempt to "train" them and for them to bend to their every little whim no matter how unreasonable and unnatural" is going a bit far don't you think? Not sure why you feel the need to attack people. I certainly wouldn't assume to attack you for your choices in parenting your child especially since I don't know you at all.

If you like urinals and want one then fill your boots; it's a free world. Yes, they do save water but so does my dual flush toilet and my water saver shower head and bathing in a tub of water is considered a luxury for those of us concerned with water conservation. Personally, I don't feel the need to spend that extra money and space on a fixture that is not necessary nor do I wish to spend the extra money on resealing the grout on my bathroom floor to keep the stench of splash from invading my bathroom and I don't think that is an "unnatural" reaction.
  • lana17
    hace 10 años
    If it's in the man cave bathroom then so be it. My stipulation however would be that he needs to clean it if he wants it... I don't think that's an unfair request. It's simply a compromise.
  • changeisagoodthing
    hace 10 años
    Well gkardonski, since they outnumber me 3 to 1, I agreed that the seat would always be left up as they now stand to pee since they are old enough to clean up after themselves and share in cleaning the bathroom(s) so I always return the seat to the up position after I use it. Also, I'm trained to do all of the carpentry work, mowing and car repairs. Is there anything else you think I should be "trained" to do? I never trained my husband to do anything; his mother taught him to be thoughtful and considerate.
  • PRO
    toilinal
    hace 10 años
    Due to limited space at home, the high cost of plumbing, and the urinal typically seen as an aesthetic eyesore, most homes do not have urinals. This fashionable, space-saving device brings the urinal into the typical home, while hiding the urinal when it is not in use. With this new device, much water could be saved since an urinal only uses about 1/6 (or less) the amount of water of a normal water-saving toilet per flush (1L vs. 6L). That means a man can save more than 50 L of water a day. Isn't it cool?!

toilet + urinal = toilinal .....

This dual functional hygienic apparatus is composed of a toilet bowl and a urinal which are set up in a swivel axis but located in opposite positions. The user can choose whether to sit on the toilet or stand in front of the urinal by simply pressing a button to rotate the device to the desired position.

Toilets are one of the most wasteful devices of water in the typical home. This device, Toilinal, conserves much water, without requiring extra plumbing and installation costs which present eco-friendly toilet alternatives require. Toilinal is a feasible eco-friendly toilet for the masses.

Toilinal decisively ends the battle of the sexes over leaving the toilet seat up or down. By combining the toilet bowl and urinal in one device, both men and women can pee naturally, and no longer have to worry about lifting the toilet seat up or down. Women do not have to sit on a toilet seat with urine drops anymore, while men do not have to worry about poor aim. Thus, Toilinal creates a more sanitary environment for all toilet users.

Or check out the topic “A home urinal” on youtube.
  • maggiesmom91
    hace 10 años
    Wish we had had one when our three boys were young.
    Now my oldest son has three boys and I'm encouraging him to get a urinal for them. It seems like it would make life a little easier for his wife.
  • lexinpdx
    hace 10 años
    I nominate Jason Shepherd King of this thread!

I'm going to guess that the urinal as an issue is generational preference, but I suppose it could be regional. I could see how my mother might oppose one, but I personally think they are fantastic! If I had space when remodeling my 1912 house I would have put one in and I'm gunning for them in my families future real estate developments.

Urinals use very little water, especially compared to toilets, and they are easy to clean especially compared to toilets. They get gross when not flushed after use but that seems like a no brainer. I personally keep cleaning supplies for each bathroom in each bathroom so it is never a production to keep on top of cleaning. Maybe this is why bathroom cleaning is at the bottom of my list of chores I want help with.

For the record. My boyfriend says that if he was expected to sit to pee he would pee in the sink with the water running, out of spite instead. I half-believe him. In good weather he often pees in the yard, which made it really easy to house train the dog and well if thats what he wants to do then I think thats his business. I'm just glad he feels comfortable in my home.
  • Greg the PAINT-IT! guy
    hace 10 años
    Sounds as if he feels more "comfortable" OUTSIDE your home. (lol) If you catch him about to squat, RUN! Who pee's outdoors??? I can't imagine taking that liberty in a civilized society, anyway.
  • rtb15979350
    hace 10 años
    I just do not need one in my house. I can see it in a house where homeowner's make a mutual choice. If my boys still lived at home I would consider building one in a private area with a sliding door. But I definitely do not want to be looking at one in open site. . . designer fashion or not. . . .
  • dianerapp
    hace 10 años
    ditto
  • nancyann0277a
    hace 10 años
    Definitely would not have in my house. I considerate them ugly, but thanking we are not all alike in our thinking.
  • nancyann0277a
    hace 10 años
    That should be thankfully
  • Greg the PAINT-IT! guy
    hace 10 años
    The toilet, on the other hand is SO pretty! The beauty of the thing is all in the eye of the user.
  • indianpatti
    hace 10 años
    Not a fan of urinals, bidets ... one pee-pee pot is all I can handle!
  • edinanmn
    hace 10 años
    Sit in your own home and you'll appreciate why it's nice to keep the seat clean.
  • Jolene
    hace 10 años
    If I had millions maybe in the kids bath along with a little kids toilet and a regular. But in my everyday world, no way!
  • amjbauman
    hace 10 años
    Jaju, that is the one that I installed in the master bath for my husband.I think it is cool looking. I fail to see why anyone would consider a urinal disgusting. Toilets are disgusting too I guess if you never clean them. A public urinal is a very different thing than one in a private home and there is no need for it to be smelly unless you go for a really long time with out cleaning it. I think it is like anything else one may decide to install in one's home. If it is something you want and find functional then do it. If not then don't. No reason to get worked up about it.
  • C. R.
    hace 10 años
    Ugly, unnecessary waste of space
  • rosecafe
    hace 10 años
    Your right Mucki. Strictly for public places where drinking men gather, even then they are mostly Mucki. Possibly O.K. if a cleaner comes with the package, or when there's some semblance of style like this arty toilet in Kawawa N.Z. By artist architect, the late Fred Hundertwasser. Otherwise, nien!
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    hace 10 años
    My husband has a separate urinal in our office level. He loves it. I am happy to keep him happy, and as it is his room, I leave him to it. I always chuckle when I show the house to people: the women look away or give a mild grunt and the men all go "ooooooh and aaaaaaH" - like this:
  • Tricia Hauck
    hace 10 años
    I agree with Kavutour! My man usually sits, makes cleanup much easier and no fighting about up or down seat! And he even has his own bathroom!
  • armipeg
    hace 10 años
    It's unpleasant and dirty. Only good for public places.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.