Houzz Logo Print
ghanson71

suggestions for improving a 1980s contemporary exterior

ghanson71
hace 10 años
we are considering buying this house, but can't figure out how we'd fix the front. It seems off to have the nice big windows to the left of the entry and small ones over the garage. the room above the garage would be the master bedroom.

Comentarios (9)

• Bethany
    hace 10 años
    This house looks so familiar! Maybe the builder went crazy in our area too. :) I actually like the design myself.
  • Lori Babin
    hace 10 años
    paint, bahama shudders!
  • PRO
    sstarr93
    hace 10 años
    The porch over the entrance bothers me; it has a slightly Motel look to it for some reason.
    Shutters don't belong on this house, but better use of color and trim do.
    So even before considering color, which needs to change, I would put an end wall on the street side of the balcony like this:
    ghanson71 agradeció a sstarr93
  • PRO
    sstarr93
    hace 10 años
    Then, the first floor garage end is still basically unbalanced; the skinny poles supporting the porch should be beefed up and made more important. Optional: wrap corresponding trim around the rest of the entrance portal to emphasize the entrance to the house.
  • clyon
    hace 10 años
    Carrying that trim over to the entrance portal does seem to make quite a difference. And if you wall off the "motel balcony" but add the same diagonal windows there that are to the left of the entry, it might look more balanced and give you some nice light without sacrificing privacy in the master. Lots of potential!
  • PRO
    gdp architecture
    hace 10 años
    I would suggest that you contact an Architect or designer in your area for a preliminary consult. They may be able to provide better input on the design potential of the house by assessing both the interior and exterior of the home. They may be able to provide suggestions on how to address the proportion/balance issues in the facade based on a more thorough assessment of the home.
    If you are located in Metro Vancouver, please feel free to contact us.
  • PRO
    Sustainable Dwellings
    hace 10 años
    I love the garage doors in the post above. I also think you could do the small pergola over them. That is a start..and, your porch posts look like toothpicks. they need to beef up.
  • Marian Vernier
    hace 7 años

Our house is just like yours, but opposite view, without the porch and large windows over the entry! Really like your windows over the left.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.