Houzz Logo Print
zeitgast

Paint on sink?

Sms
hace 10 años
Hi did you do anything special to paint the bottom of the Brockway sink?
Blue Brockway Sink · Más información

Comentarios (7)

• Becky Harris
    hace 10 años
    I actually did an ideabook about this - I think the homeowner had this done at an auto body shop. More info here: https://www.houzz.com/magazine/fresh-idea-accent-color-brightens-up-the-sink-stsetivw-vs~1346387
  • PRO
    Dyer Studio Inc.
    hace 10 años
    Hi! Automotive paint is often a great option, but just wanted to share some personal experience... I painted the underside of my reclaimed cast iron clawfoot tub with oil paint (from Miller Paint), painted dark gray to match the paneled doors and wood sash windows throughout our house. It's been about 7 years and still looks great! The folks at Miller told us the oil paint will impede rust, which was our primary objective. Hope this helps!
  • Sms
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Becky and Stephanine thank you so much. Very helpful!!
  • lauras_place_2012
    hace 10 años
    Hi Becky, I saw a post by you about painting your claw foot bathtub a few years ago. You had painted the outside in black but I don't recall what you used to refinish it. I also want to know what you used for the shower curtain, the picture didn't show how it was being held up. If I'm not mistaken, it was your own tub. We are looking to do ours but not sure how to do it. We are also located in Canada. Thank you.
  • PRO
    Dyer Studio Inc.
    hace 10 años
    Hi Laura- are you asking about my clawfoot tub? Happy to answer any questions, just want to clarify :) Thanks!
  • lauras_place_2012
    hace 10 años
    Actually it was one that Becky Harris did as it was her personal bathroom but as long as I get my question answered, that's all I need!!! it's a claw foot tub from 1914. We are looking to paint the outside as it is still in great shape otherwise - no rust. They had painted it already and then at some point built around it. I also have to get some kind of adhesive off the top of the tub without scratching it. We are outing it infront of a windo with frosted glass and need a way of putting a shower curtain up as well. Not to sure what to use or where to purchase. So three questions, 1 -how do we take the adhesive off without damaging the top too bad? 2 - how do we repaint the outside (process and material would be great) and 3 - how to hang a curtain with it in front of a window? Thank you.
  • PRO
    Dyer Studio Inc.
    hace 10 años
    Hi Laura, is there any way you share a pic of the space? It would help to better envision... but here are my thoughts on your questions:

1. I would think a razor blade (used carefully) would be the best bet for removing adhesive. If the enamel finish is original (which it most likely is), it should be pretty tough. Refinished pieces are trickier to work with. Our reclaimed clawfoot tub is fairly scuffed but still has a decent finish- if it were my tub, that's what I'd use.
    2. A light sand and 2 coats of oil-based paint would be recommendation.
    3. Are you asking about the window curtain or shower curtain? A pic would definitely help, and I'll do my best to advise :)

Hope that helps, let me know if you need anything else!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.