Houzz Logo Print
bdonkersgoed

Back Yard -- Complete Overhaul (Before & After)

Bryan
el último año
última modificación:el último año

Over the past couple of years, I used my extra time during COVID lockdowns to completely overhaul my back yard (which was in a really terrible state). I hired a contractor to build the roof and deck, but I did all of the hardscaping, landscaping, turf, cabinetry, lighting, etc. myself. It was my first time, and a LOT of work (which is mostly in the planning and base preparation that people don't even see)! I was so fortunate and grateful to have been coached through every step of the way from an expert landscape architect here on Houzz with a passion for helping others -- @Yardvaark! There's absolutely no way I could have done this project without his generous help -- thanks so much!!

I've posted some pics below showing a bit of the progression, and then a number of completed-project pics (day and night). I'll be getting a new BBQ and adding dining chairs in the Spring.

Outdoor Reno -- Final Photos · Más información

Comentarios (21)

• jck910
    el último año

Gorgeous!! Enjoy

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    el último año

WOW

• Jilly
    el último año

What an amazing transformation! Love it all. Thank you for sharing the progress pics, too.

I miss Yardvaark’s contributions here, I haven’t seen him post in a very long time. Hope he’s ok.

Are your neighbors all asking you to redo their yards now? I would be! :)

• doods
    el último año

Beautiful !

• KW PNW Z8
    el último año

Simply beautiful outdoor living space that you created! Completely changed the look of your home and I’m sure all those great seating and entertaining spaces you now have will also increase your enjoyment of your home. What an accomplishment!!

• apple_pie_order
    el último año

Stunning. Really lovely design and execution.

• msjoan
    el último año

Well done!

• Jilly
    el último año
    Última modificación: el último año

Yardvaark! It’s really good to see you. We never had a lot of contact, but I always enjoyed seeing your contributions and generosity here (and learned from them).

I’m so sorry for the loss of your mother, my deepest condolences. I think you’d posted her house before — you’d been cultivating an awesome Bougainvillea tree? Sorry if I’m mixing you up with someone else!

I think it’s totally natural to feel burn-out. You gave a lot of yourself here. You’ve helped a lot of people!

Thanks for checking in, take care. :)

• PRO
    FrameMyMirror
    el último año

Wow great job! That is a stunning transformation. Perfect timing to start using the firepit too : )

• TJ Li
    el último año

This looks amazing!!!

• hbeing
    el último año

WOW! great job!

• Maureen
    el último año

Great achievement and you should be proud of your vision, hard work and the lovely results.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    el último año

Oh, you must be so pleased. It all looks absolutely wonderful! Congratulations!

• PRO
    Yardvaark
    el último año

Thanks Jinx for the nice comments. Yeah, that bougainvillea tree was at my mom's place. The family sold the property earlier this year so I don't know how it's going with those plants. Wish I could have unplugged them and taken with, especially the bougainvillea and one crape myrtle.

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    el último año

Would love to see some pics of the final overall project in full daylight.

• PRO
    PRM Custom Builders
    el último año

The lines and stonework are beautiful! Gives some great inspirational ideas!

• Cynthia
    el último año

It's gorgeous, congrats and nice work!

When can you come over to fix my back yard? ;-)

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    el último año

Wow, looks awesome!

• rureadyinla
    el último año

Very nice!!!

• kerick
    el último año

Wow! Great job!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.