Houzz Logo Print
tammydavies

Before and After - Master bath redo of 1992 bathroom

tammydavies
el último año

Before, the master bath was a very dated, awkward setup. When you walked in, you were greeted with a wall and doorway to the toilet/bidet room. In order to see into the backyard, you had to stand next to the toilet. The tile in the shower and toilet room was countertop tile = very slippery.

The bidet was on the opposite side of the toilet room.

Though it's on the second story, it was very odd having a small window in the shower. One of the features of the house are the "butt-glazed" corner windows in every corner of the house.

We swapped the toilet to where the shower was and moved the shower to where the bidet was and added a tub in between. We moved and enlarged the window and centered it over the tub. We were able to preserve the original cherry cabinets.

The after shows how the bathroom should have been set-up in the first place.

Comentarios (18)

• beeboo22
    el último año

Looks fantastic! I love the lighting and paint color.

tammydavies agradeció a beeboo22
  • PRO
    Aquaiaw Plumbing
    el último año

Really really nice design! Great job!

tammydavies agradeció a Aquaiaw Plumbing
  • PRO
    Nicetown Curtains
    el último año

Quite the transformation! I really like the lighting, and the white design around the window frame. Great remodeling, enjoy it!

• Mrs Pete
    el último año

Nicely done -- and it's anything but typical! Love the teal colored walls -- calm and restful. Love the wall-mounted faucets over the sinks (easier for cleaning). Like that you included grab bars now and that you got the toilet out of its closet. Plenty of storage. The leaf (leaf?) light fixtures soften what could be a rather masculine color scheme. Like that you've cut down on the amount of glass in the shower ... less to clean.

Two things I'd add: Fingertip towels by the vanity ... maybe a freestanding rack between the sinks? Wait ... I don't see any towel rods; I suspect you just haven't hung them yet. And crown molding to "finish" the walls/ceiling ... it'd boost what you have to perfection.

tammydavies agradeció a Mrs Pete
  • arcy_gw
    el último año

"The after shows how the bathroom should have been set-up in the first place." All that matters is it is now how you wanted it. Congratulations it's a beautiful space. That is quite a large bathroom. I would want to see the lay out of the entire home, perhaps a smaller ensuite with a powder room would have been more useful. I will never understand the idea of a bathroom set up for side by side use or the waste of space of a separate tub/shower. The real estate invested in that one room is substantial. I would never add windows, (why do you need to see to the back yard???) most are more likely to remove them. A sky light gives the wanted light but maintains privacy. Enjoy!!

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    el último año

Great work!

tammydavies agradeció a OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
  • PRO
    PRM Custom Builders
    el último año

The color is stunning, what a great transformation.

tammydavies agradeció a PRM Custom Builders
  • PRO
    FrameMyMirror
    el último año

Wow it truly looks amazing! I love the paint color and the bathtub!

• PRO
    Evolution Group
    el último año

It is clear that you guys have tried hard!

The colors are chosen very harmoniously, as are the finish materials.

Thumbs up!

tammydavies agradeció a Evolution Group
  • Kendrah
    el último año

Nice color combo and the dog takes the cake. I also like your grab bars in the shower.

• DC Reno
    el último año

This looks amazing!!

could you share what your above mirror light fixtures are please?

tammydavies agradeció a DC Reno
  • tammydavies
    Autor original
    el último año

• Architectural Notice
    el último año

Nice!

• spindle22
    el último año

Stunning. Beautiful. Just wow! Your home is so special.

tammydavies agradeció a spindle22
  • Karenseb
    el último año

Great usde of space and beautiful. Love your exterior home pictures too.

tammydavies agradeció a Karenseb
  • Usuario de Houzz-427856146
    el último año

Oooh! I really like it. The gold accents are everything and that sage color is beautiful. Great job!

tammydavies agradeció a Usuario de Houzz-427856146
  • mbfisher3
    el último año

The exterior of your home and its design is stunning. Now you have upgraded the interior to match. Love the larger window, The separate tub and shower is lovely and not cramped - I hate seeing people cram a freestanding tub into an alcove and it looks like you'd bump your head on the wall. The colors follow the exterior into the interior. Well done.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.