Houzz Logo Print
omar_diaz57

Pella 250 series vs Renewal by Andersen Fibrex

Omar Diaz
el último año

I am looking to replace my casement windows (17 in total) and have received two quotes. Pella and Renewal by Andersen. Both quotes came in at about the same price but Pella is vinyl and Andersen is composite. Does that sound right? Is this even comparable products?

Comentarios (14)

• millworkman
    el último año

Renewal is a decent product but very overpriced. Pella is just a poor product all the way around. I would look for a local Okna, Sunrise or Softlite dealer for a high end vinyl casement. You will end up with a better product at a better price point honestly

• oberon476
    el último año

Renewal and 250 came in at almost the same price? That's a puzzler all by itself.

• Omar Diaz
    Autor original
    el último año

Is the 250 an inferior product?

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    el último año

Depends on your performance metrics or what is important. Neither of them would be considered flagship performer although the RBA is in 1st position in Andersen's replacement line up.

• Omar Diaz
    Autor original
    el último año

Just compared to each other. Is one a clearly better window or are they pretty even?

• PRO
    toddinmn
    el último año

The Renewal is typically in a different price bracket due to the material differece,complete exclusivity and sales tacticts. The Pella is priced very high in this case if its remotely close to rhe Renewal. Performance wise they would be similar , but Renewal would be considered a bargain in this case since you can go to Lowes and by the Pella directly or installed.

I suggest you scrap both of these and look for a high end vinyl product and you should be dollars ahead.

• Omar Diaz
    Autor original
    el último año

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions

• Omar Diaz
    Autor original
    el último año

Let me throw a wrench in the situation. Pella just offered to install wood lifestyle windows for cheaper than the vinyl windows. How does the lifestyle compare to the fibrex?

• oberon476
    el último año

Not that I have been part of this discussion, but I have been part of another that did have a comparison between Pella Lifestyle and Weathershield Signature. I am quoting myself which may be tacky, so take it how you will.

"...frankly if someone held a gun to my head and forced me to make a choice between the Pella Lifestyle and WS Signature I would likely tell them to go ahead and shoot, but failing that I would probably actually pick the WS window over the Pella as much as it pains me to even contemplate that choice. Again given that WS claims their Signature series is elite while the Lifestyle is sold as a totally builder grade product."

• millworkman
    el último año

I would not put anything Pella in a chicken coop. W/S only if it were dam near free.

• PRO
    toddinmn
    el último año

Look at Marvin, Kobe, some Anderson products for wood, if your content with the look of vinyl there some great products out there , location would help to name some brands.

• Omar Diaz
    Autor original
    el último año

I am in the Chicago area.

• PRO
    HomeSealed Exteriors, LLC
    el último año

If you like the idea of composite, the Okna Starmark is the best perfroming option on the market. If you need a wood interior (doesn't sound like you do) then Marvin and Kolbe are solid choices, and in vinyl you probably have access to the major players of Softlite, Okna, and Sunrise top models.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    el último año

You should call that guy just above me. He is in the Chicagoland area.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.