Houzz Logo Print
kathryn_holler

Styling large hallway table

Kathryn Holler
el último año

Hello! I have 3 young children and have converted our formal dining room into a playroom. However! I’d still like the option of using it as a formal dining room once or twice a year during the holidays.

I have this antique maple drop leaf dining room table to use as my formal table, and in the meantime have it in the hallway folded down with the leaves removed. While it fits perfectly in this nook, it still looks a little awkward. Any ideas how to style it so it looks more intentional in the space? It is 30 x 42 inches.

Comentarios (11)

• Usuario de Houzz-487844405
    el último año

I would hang the two pictures you have in your photos, one on each wall, and place an otttoman/stool in blue solid color, to slide under the table for impromptu desk use with a small tray and vase combo on table top so your hallway corner looks "finished".

• Connecticut Yankeeeee
    el último año

I have a very similar table in my small entry which is used infrequently for holidays. I have a large antique map above it. I also have a small family photo and old family candlesticks on the table. It’s the first thing people see as they walk in my house. (Mine faces differently than yours-at least from looking at your pic), so I don’t use a stool. I do think a stool is a good idea. I’m a huge fan of decorating with a purpose and not just buying stuff to fill up a spot. I know it’s unavoidable sometimes, but I try to cut down on that.

• Kathryn Holler
    Autor original
    el último año

Thanks for all the ideas! I was able to use pieces I already had to accent and am planning on adding a framed family photo and 3rd decorative item, but already looking much better!

• Connecticut Yankeeeee
    el último año

Looks very nice! Now it feels like it lives there. 👍🏻

• Jilly
    el último año

That is so charming! Agree with Pal — a lamp would be great there. Very homey.

• barncatz
    el último año

There are many battery powered lamps out there that would work on the table, even without an outlet. Great idea.

• Usuario de Houzz-487844405
    el último año

That chair you have is perfect and I am glad you tried my idea - I like to move things from different rooms of my home to style a refreshed look. Have fun continuing to fill in your style!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    el último año
    Última modificación: el último año

looks fine.

you could prob do a larger pot/plant, maybe a few other elements on the table.

Might be cute if you did one of these shelves above it.

Try a try of some sort of tray and see how that looks

Your art is hung too high though. (and I like the larger print better)

lower the art to this spot. it should be at eye level to the middle of the print,

about 60-65" from the floor to the middle.

they used this as an entryway console, but notice the mirror and all the other elements on the table.

AS a lighting suggestion, I'd lose the small boob light and try something like this (the style works w/the table) , and, put a pendant in the corner over the table.

try hanging that art on the larger wall,,,,see how it looks.

find a rattan tray and put a small plant or orchid in it

Schoolhouse pendant would also work (in both spots

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    el último año

Play with a tray and a couple accessories.

• PRO
    Courtney Thomas Design
    el último año

Why not try hanging the artwork you have set on the table and add a plant or lamp on top. It might work really well. You could also add a small bowl as a catch all bowl. Below are a few ideas for you from our designs:

Oh So Spanish House · Más información

Chevy Chase Renovation · Más información

Hudson House · Más información

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.