Houzz Logo Print
webuser_131230266

kitchen island slab

1cm or 2cm slab? We are doing a waterfall and Cambria Britannica only offers 1cm for book match. Would 1cm be worse quality or less stable for a kitchen island even with the extra wood slab support? 2cm unfortunately does not offer book match, so we wouldn’t be able to do a waterfall on both sides with matching veins.

Modern on the Prairie · Más información

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    Edmond Kitchen & Bath LLC
    hace 2 años

The Britannica slab above was a 3 cm slab. But either 1 or 2 cm could work just fine and not be a quality issue if they support it underneath. It's more of a design preference. If you are laminating the edge to make it thicker than 1cm you can achieve whatever thickness you like. This island above was fabricated without matching veins even though it looks like it. The full pattern is on the top and a well placed close match was done at the waterfall. If you have a fabricator that uses a fabrication visualizer tool to lay out the slabs you could explore this option of using 2 or 3 cm and not bookmatching. Hope this helps!

• Usuario de Houzz-131230266
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Very helpful and thank you for your quick response! Yes, we are laminating the edge and will have 2.5 inch edging around the whole island. I was worried a 1cm slab would be less durable, but your answer helps me make my decision. I saw the 2cm slab design for waterfall and didn’t like how the veins matched, which is why I’m now considering the 1cm slabs.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.