Houzz Logo Print
dean_edwards45

Names of plants

Dean Edwards
hace 2 años
What are the names of these plants that enhance this beautiful remake?
Tree of Life Backyard · Más información

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Board & Vellum
    hace 2 años

Hello Dean,

Thank you for your kind comment, and for your question.

This project was recently featured in a Houzz article; many of the plants' species are listed in the article, but if there is a particular plant you like that isn't named, let us know and we'll be happy to identify it.

Thank you again!

• lizowens
    hace 2 años

I didn't ask the original question, but I am wondering what is in between the pavers, and wondering how much water it needs to stay green. We live in CA and I am tired of brown grass, but don't want to fill our yard with perennials. I would like some hardscape and green ground cover, and what you have here is beautiful. Thank you!

• PRO
    Board & Vellum
    hace 2 años

Hello Liz, thank you for your question!

The groundcover between the stone pavers here is Leptinella gruveri (Miniature Brass Buttons). It's most comfortable in shady, moist areas in Zones 7-9, so it may not flourish in an especially sunny, hot, or dry garden.

For drought & heat-tolerant groundcovers, you can try sedum & sempervivums. You can even purchase mats of sedum (sometimes called Sedum Tiles) for fast coverage. Dymondia (Silver Carpet), Carex pansa, and Buffalo Grass are more favored drought-tolerant lawn alternatives.

Additional info on Xeric ground covers from Colorado State University.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.