Houzz Logo Print
amber_skelnik

Anyone know a color match for Rustoleums Eclipse in a Ben Moore color?

Amber Skelnik
hace 2 años

I prefer the eclipse color. it is deep and rich and black, but not too blue, and not too brown, and not too grey. i have brought in a sample painted on a board, and the color they mixed is grey.

it is for stairs so i was using patio and floor paint in low sheen by BM. I will not use any old paint on high traffic areas. it has to be this paint its the only one i trust. i have tried black panther, black beauty, black black, none are close! ugh!

Comentarios (6)

• cat_ky
    hace 2 años

I had some rustoleum spray paint color matched perfectly a month ago. I painted a white index card. Maybe try that instead of a board.

• Amber Skelnik
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

I made a paint chip on cardstock also, no luck. Still a greyish color. Just reads it as black then comes up with the closest color profile and thats BM Black. which has a greyish look to it. its lovely and i have used it before just wanted a deeper black.

• cat_ky
    hace 2 años

I think my matching must h ave been done differently. She didnt try for an existing color to match it with. She actually color matched and came up with a forumula and mixed two gallons of paint for me. Since the color did not exist in the color line, we gave it the same name as the rustoleum paint.

• Amber Skelnik
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Yes first attempt was that . It was not even close. sometimes base colors can impact how it turns out if its not the color system used for that paint line. this happened once before with a discontinued paint i was trying to match. i had to find a color chip in paint line to get close to it. i painted 6 samples on my black color and found one that is good. more work, but worth it to do the job one time!

• roccouple
    hace 2 años

I think some color matchers are more skilled than others. or maybe some equipment is better maintained. i might try a different BM store.

• PRO
    Esperto Builders
    hace 2 años

@Amber Skelnik I think you can get this. Let me check this out and make sure you check in with me in couple of hours. As soon as you get this.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.