Houzz Logo Print
djeen50

Matching chrome kitchen faucets with hardware

Donna Gesualdi
hace 2 años

I've decided and purchased chrome faucets for our kitchen, but now feel matching with chrome hardware may not be the best option due to fingerprint issues with handles. Our kitchen cabinets are white and we have large brown and bronze fans in our entry and living room ( open design). We have thought about changing out the fans, but I love them. I'm considering bronze cabinet hardware, but other friends and family say I should go with a brushed ? chrome or nickle. My appliances are stainless steel. Did I make a mistake with the chrome faucets? Ugh....

Comentarios (18)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 2 años

Simply do the hardware as a match to the STAINLESS appliances. Satin nickel : )

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 2 años

Take pictures please? Post them?

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    hace 2 años

Or do oil rubbed bronze. hardware doesn't need to match your faucets.

• PRO
    Kingston Brass
    hace 2 años

Hi! If you like the look of the chrome, brushed nickel is a beautiful finish against white cabinets and pairs seamlessly with stainless steel appliances. Hardware doesn't necessarily have to match, it's up to your preference but the other option could be changing the hardware to bronze for a cohesive flow. Hope this helps! Best of luck!

• everdebz
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

Is the floor wood... what stain?

if you have large number of cabinets, dark handles might be 'too much'... do you happen to like rustic styles [are your fans?]... maybe you desire rustic bronze....?

• Fori
    hace 2 años

Chrome is neutral. Go for the bronze! If it goes, of course. I'd rather your hardware match other stuff in the surroundings than the faucet.

Donna Gesualdi agradeció a Fori
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 2 años

Finishes can be mixed.

• Donna Gesualdi
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

thank you. These are beautiful and subtle. I'm still not sure about mixing chrome and bronze though....too different?

I'm wasn't feeling the bronze faucets or country rustic look. My inspiration was from a kitchen with white cabinets, chrome faucets and mix of green/blues/whites backsplash- more coastal. But I love my fans, have some darker wood pieces of furniture, the space is wide open so it's basically one big space when you walk in from the front door and you look out to our pool. Our floors are a brownish with gray undertones. It's really the fans that are messing me up and the fact that chrome handles may show fingerprints or I think I would go with all chrome. I found some bronze handles lined in a nickel....pricey of course.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 2 años

A satin nickel pull matches your appliances. I would hardly do bronze.....in coastal /light/blue/green etc kitchen. Satin nickel cabinet hardware is fine with a chrome faucet. You are over thinking.a "problem" . It's not a problem.

All pulls need a wipe. No matter the finish. It's called germs, grease goo. sticky whatever.

Donna Gesualdi agradeció a JAN MOYER
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 2 años

IMO the chrome faucet would be the thing I would change in a kitchen that is where all the dirty hands are likely to be an issue . As for the ORB bronze I would need to see your kitchen .

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 2 años

Nothing is easier to give a swipe and shine , than chrome. See goo? You WANT to see it- so you can swipe and wipe. Heavens..........a kitchen is constant use. It's life.

• itsourcasa
    hace 2 años

I was worried about chrome for our faucets and knobs/pulls but had to have it. Living with it for 1.5 years now it's a non-issue! So easy to just swipe across the most used handles sometimes with whatever I just cleaned the counters with and they are immediately shiny again. Takes less an a second. I've never looked at them and been like "oh these look dull and dirty"... love them.

Donna Gesualdi agradeció a itsourcasa
  • everdebz
    hace 2 años

I know this is merely staging - but photos show bringing wood color into a kitchen with propped up cutting board, etc.... for you idk [from the fan color].

• Deana
    hace 2 años

@itsourcasa - Can you post a picture of your chrome sink & hardware? I think I'm going for chrome too! I love the look and the airy feeling it gives. I just need to pull the trigger!

• itsourcasa
    hace 2 años

@Deana I love the chrome, do it!

• Deana
    hace 2 años

@itsourcasa Love your kitchen! I'm going to order my chrome faucet today. Still working on my cabinet pulls! There are so many to choose from!!!

• itsourcasa
    hace 2 años

@Deana just get the size you like, you can always change them down the road.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.