Houzz Logo Print
kduncs50

Transformed my dark and heavy kitchen to light and airy

Katie R
hace 2 años
última modificación:hace 2 años

we were able to purchase the home my husband grew up in which is so special but the whole house needed a remodel to bring things up to date, up to code and make it feel like our style. I knew this kitchen could never be ”modern” but suspected with a new counter/backsplash we could have someone paint the cupboards. We are thrilled with the result - I think the kitchen cabs still keep their character and a nod to traditional style but still give the place a light and airy feel that makes it ours.

Comentarios (22)

• Katie R
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Indeed! Good riddance too to the bump outs on the corner of the island that left all sorts of hip bruises everytime I walked by.

• Boxerpal
    hace 2 años

Very pretty

I love the transformation. great job

• goobacheese
    hace 2 años

Beautiful!

• cheri127
    hace 2 años

Wow! What a difference!!! Your kitchen looks great. Good luck with the rest of the house (how fun to raise your children in the house you grew up in...<3)

• PRO
    Lisa Caudill Designs
    hace 2 años

Well done! Beautiful kitchen!

• PRO
    JL Design
    hace 2 años

Love it! Feels airy and looks beautiful!

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    hace 2 años

well done!

• PRO
    Kingston Brass
    hace 2 años

Hi! WOW! Your kitchen looks absolutely stunning. Everything flows so nicely and the color of the island is a perfect contrast! Great job!

• arcy_gw
    hace 2 años

Love that you kept some of the architectural details. It keeps the kitchen from looking stark and industrial.

• megs1030
    hace 2 años

Looks great!

• RedRyder
    hace 2 años

You did a GREAT job! The lighter paint makes a huge difference. I’m sure you smile every morning you walk in to make your coffee.

• antmaril
    hace 2 años

Very nice!

• motupeg
    hace 2 años

It looks great!

• Amy Lynn
    hace 2 años

Amazing transformation! So happy to see people work with what they have and make it look completely different.

• PRO
    Eco Method Interiors
    hace 2 años

Such a great update! Love your lighting fixture!

• PRO
    FrameMyMirror
    hace 2 años

Beautiful transformation! Great job!

• bldrjanet
    hace 2 años

Beautifully done! I especially appreciate remodels that use a lot of the existing cabinetry. It's great not to have to send everything to the landfill, especially if it's reasonably well built to begin with. Bravo!

• J Inhof
    hace 2 años

Wonderful and clever transformation!

• Judy Neary
    hace 2 años

We plan on doing something extremely similar in our new home. What color did you use on the cabinets. I´m thinking of using Simply White.

• bldrjanet
    hace 2 años

The color on the cabinets was an option of the cabinet refacing company and was called “Matador”. I don’t know if it is a Sherwin Williams color or Benjamin Moore or something else.

• bldrjanet
    hace 2 años

Oops sorry. Wrong post

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.