Houzz Logo Print
masharris

help- external cladding or blue board ? or some other suggestions?

masharris
hace 2 años

Hi all

The wind has blown off my old cladding and I need help in deciding what would work well with this house for a replacement.
I have spoken to a few builders and they all have different opinions such as blue board and render or some foam type underlay and render.

Any ideas on this Reno? Some pictures would be great.. thank you so much all..

Comentarios (5)

• dreamer
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

Are you replacing the whole side of the home?

I would look at the James Hardie Scyon range.

In keeping with the era of your home, maybe look at the James Hardie Matrix Cladding panels, which would match how the original home would of looked like.

Or if your after the same look the James Hardie Axon Cladding, which is a vertical style cladding.

https://www.jameshardie.com.au/scyon-cladding-solutions

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    hace 2 años

I second James Hardie Axon cladding as it has a vertical groove that echoes the original vertical weatherboard. Or you could get some weatherboard custom milled to match the existing and just patch the damage without doing the whole house. In the photo below I specified the Axon sheet which was then painted lime yellow.

Also be aware that some builders will suggest materials that will make their lives easier rather than what actually looks good and will be durable and long-lasting.

Best of luck
    Dr Retro of Dr Retro House Calls and Dr Retro Virtual Visits via Zoom

Mid Century Modern Addition · Más información

• masharris
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

@dreamer.. I want to go the whole way around..

Is it true you have to take the asbestos outer walls out before you put the cladding?

Thanks all..

• macyjean
    hace 2 años

Why not get rid of the asbestos? So many benefits if you have the chance. Otherwise there are all sorts of ways it could be a problem later, especially if no-one realises it's there.

• oklouise
    hace 2 años

very disappointed with foam cladding and render and/or any surface that needs to be painted... we've used well insulated Colorbond steel.. easy to install, no more painting and a range of good colours but i would add extra length to enclose the under house area

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.