Houzz Logo Print
cm2529

help with master sitting area

cm2529
hace 2 años

Hi everyone. I’m totally stuck on this and would love your honest opinion. I have these 2 chairs I was going to donate or sell. But we are trying to see if we can make them work in our master bedroom and create a sitting area with them. I have attached a picture. You can see they are big and bulky. Is there anyway to make them work? I thought maybe if i add a solid light colored rug, a couple of small light poufs as foot rests and a small light table in between maybe we could have our morning coffee there, or read? I have attached pics of everything. I think it still may be too bulky tho. Pls give me your honest opinions and maybe some suggestions?

Comentarios (16)

• shirlpp
    hace 2 años

Need room dimensions and more pics of the entire bedroom. I just realized that, that's the back of your tv.

• cm2529
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Yes. That’s the back of our tv 🙂. I can send more pics later but right now, I can provide you dimensions. The sitting area could probably use a 5x7 rug. Here is the Pic with dimensions.

• loobab
    hace 2 años

Hi cm- It would help to see the lay out of the rest of the room.

That looks like the back of the TV, right?

I think you might have the backs of the chairs toward the back of the TV with the chairs looking out towards the sliding glass door, if that is what it is, with a nice area rug in front of it, whatever type of rug you like, a small oriental rug, or an oval braided rag rug. (I have several towels ready to be discarded and am thinking of making one myself!)

Ottomans or poufs or great ideas. As long as they are really large enough for your feet.

And you need a place to put your coffee and to put down your glasses and book.

And what else might you do?

Would you play a game of chess, cards? Occasionally eat breakfast in there?

If so, you might want a low table that can also rise up.

I am not thrilled with the little table, it looks rather utilitarian, and not very comfy bedroom-ish.

I do like the chairs, big and bulky is fine as long as they are comfortable.

Men hate those little prissy chairs.

If your chairs are comfy and you just don't like their look, have machine washable slipcovers made. This way, you can just throw them in the machine when they get dirty or dingy which they will with time. In your own bedroom you two sure as heck should feel comfortable putting your feet up on the furniture or sitting on chairs with face cream on, and the dog may hop up, etc.

Oh, and be be sure to purchase the material and have it washed and put in the drier before the covers are made so the material is pre-shrunk, and be sure it is in the contract with the upholsterer that you keep the muslin pattern that is made, so down the line if you want to make another cover you can, and if this this upholsterer has gone to upholsterer's heaven, you aren't starting from square one again.

At the same time, you are getting the slipcover made, if you want to pad up the arms, or make some other changes in the chairs, add wheels to the feet, add a skirt to the slipcover, you can do that too.

Another thing, I would not get a white foot stool unless it had a removeable machine washable cover. It just isn't practical. The pouf pictured is beautiful, but not realistic. You and your honey may be very neat and clean, but dust does settle on the floor.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 2 años

This might have worked if the chairs were barrel back in shape but all these 90 degree corners are working against you.

• everdebz
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

I'm curious why back of tv, which seems to serve as a room divider/ wall, can't be place for them. Currently, is it 5 feet from back wall to a door opening?

• cm2529
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

HI Everyone, thanks for your help. Yes, right next to where these chairs are is a double French door from which you get a view to the pool. So it's a nice view. We thought we could sit there and maybe have a cup of coffee or read. My husband really wants an ottoman of some kind to put his feet. There is space for that, no problem. but the space between the 2 chairs is only 12". so it has to be a skinny table. And i'm concerned it will look even more bulky. we can consider keeping only 1 chair but that's not as functional. i was trying to make the table and ottoman "lite" looking in order to tone down the bulkiness of the chairs. That's why i chose 2 poufs and a skinny light table. But i'm not sure i'm accomplishing that. I will get additional pics of the room up soon. here is another skinny possible table? i think i will also need an area rug, and i was thinking a solid cream colored one since the chairs are kinda busy?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 2 años

Can you return the chairs? Smaller scale even wall hugger recliners would work much better. Just not enough room for those chairs to work well there. Honest answer.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 2 años

A track arm would fit better. Check this out. See how those dimensions work in your space.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 2 años

Here is scale layout with those chairs.

• cm2529
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

No we can't return the chairs. We've had them for years. But i can just sell or donate them. i was just trying to see if we could make them work. but if we can't, we can't. here are more pics of the room and another possible ottoman? What do you think? Can we make this work, or do I just sell/donate them?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 2 años

Their depth and arm width are prohibitive in this space. IMO.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 2 años

Your bedroom is overloaded with all manner of cabinetry. Is there any possibility of removing any of it? Since you have this large TV lift at the base of the bed, is the armoire needed or the triple dresser?

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

Do I detect a dog crate and a computer set-up here as well? The armoire would fit better where you have the chairs rather than being squeezed in under the bulkhead. Computer under bulkhead away from the bed, WIFI turned off at night too.

• everdebz
    hace 2 años

If 2 sit there sometimes, leave them, imo.

But if you removed the armoire - could chairs go behind tv, and leave room to walk?

• PRO
    Everything Home
    hace 2 años

If you angled the chairs correctly and got a small table with lamp and artwork it might work in that nook. However if you add photos of the entire room there might be a better place for them or a way to rearrange the room to make them work.

This Is My Happy Place · Más información

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.