Houzz Logo Print
rachel_marie5464613

Which shower floor tile will blend better

Rachel Marie
hace 3 años
última modificación:hace 3 años

We have a cream colored bathroom floor and a have a chosen a dark colored tile wall tile (Smokey taupe) for our shower wall. We can either use small travertine pebbles which matches the floor exactly or choose this tumbled cobble which will have have colors from both the wall and floor which I feel will blend the dark and light better. We cannot change the wall tile since it is already purchased. Any help on which of these two floors to choose should be great.

Comentarios (8)

• Stevie Etheridge
    hace 3 años

Both selections are pretty nice and seem to compliment the wall tile (which is pretty great btw!).

• printesa
    hace 3 años

I would say both work..it depends what color you prefer..pebbles bring out the the cream from the large tile, while the others seem to bring out the gray

• Rachel Marie
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

I have not put sealer but I did get them wet and I do not like the colors of the pebbles wet but my husband doesn’t like how there is grey in the cobble. So we are stuck at the moment. He also says that the cobble is much more difficult to install. Have you found this to be true?

• PRO
    User
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

I second what HALLETT & Co. said. Generally, what they look like when wet is a good indicator of what they will look like once sealed. If you didn't like the pebble tiles wet, then it sounds like you might need to keep shopping.

• PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    hace 3 años

All pebbles are hard to install, they always show the sheet lines. You need to pull off the tiles on the border and hand set- a tile pro usually charges extra for this. My guy usually builds in more slope as well since pebbles are notorious for puddling since the grout is so deep

• eld6161
    hace 3 años

I agree with Hallett. Too many issues with the pebbles. Look for a small mosaic tile.

• PRO
    Dragonfly Tile & Stone Works, Inc.
    hace 3 años

Second the suggestion for a small mosaic and no pebbles for reasons stated above AND because they are a trend that we will surely see fade (hopefully).

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.