Houzz Logo Print
purplefedora

Living room makeover

Purple Fedora
hace 3 años

Hi, I need advice on where to paint and where to paper please.
The aim is to make it cosier, add love and warmth and a bit of moodiness to the room. More modern.
We have now sprayed the fireplace and backsplash black, and we are building a simple modern cement effect surround and hearth.
We can't change the wooden furniture or sofas. Could lose the bookcase to another room.
Definitely changing the mirror, lights, artwork and curtains etc. will add a coffee table and rug.
We have this wallpaper and intend to paint the other walls green and or dark blue.(I like the idea of green AND blue but some people warned against too many colours)
My main question is where to paper and where to paint?I'd like abstract artwork on the walls (not on the papered walls though)
Is doing the alcoves old fashioned for example?

Comentarios (10)

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.