Houzz Logo Print
webuser_14055275

Long-room paint query

Sarah
hace 3 años
última modificación:hace 3 años

Hi I'm moving into a flat where every room is stark white, which I hate. The flat is north facing and the combined living-room kitchen is in a long room - 3m wide and 9m long that leads onto a balcony. The kitchen is at the opposite end to the balcony so doesn't really get any natural light. I am struggling to decide on a colour. The kitchen has bright white cabinets, so I was thinking something along the lines of F&B Borrowed Light or Skimming stone. However, I usually like some colour on my walls and these feel too neutral. does anyone have any suggestions?

The pictures have been taken from Rightmove.

Comentarios (9)

• Marylee H
    hace 3 años

• Sonia
    hace 3 años

Pictures will be a great help, thank you.

• Sarah
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Pictures added

• Sarah
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Some guidance re the ceiling would also be appreciated.

• T Gray
    hace 3 años

Could you zone your room? If you pick 3 subtlety different colours and paint the walls and ceiling into 3 boxes, it could reduce the long room effect. Or go for not so subtle?

https://www.madaboutthehouse.com/five-ways-revamp-sitting-room-updated/screen-shot-2017-05-08-at-16-19-28/

• kazzh
    hace 3 años

Yes, it is very white - it has photographed very stark - but as you have indicated you like color, am wondering what color you have in your furniture? The photo's show that the blue rug and color framed prints stand out brilliantly against the white, so thinking you may find your furniture brings in color. The white does seem to help the kitchen at the end get some light, rather than being a dark area. It might be worth getting your furniture there to see what it does in the space, and then consider your wall color. You may just need to go for a warmer white to soften the space.

• PRO
    Barry's Luxe Decorating
    hace 3 años

ceiling probably in strong white or wimborne white...walls kitchen area purbeck stone..rest of walls cornforth white

• Sonia
    hace 3 años

Really nice flat. I think your Skimming Stone idea would work well with the blues, a sort of homage to the sea and the shore. I think you have a real flair. I rather like Purbeck Stone as Barry has suggested, or Elephants Breath as the room looks quite bright.

Sarah agradeció a Sonia
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.