Houzz Logo Print
farac

backsplash needs updating

farac
hace 3 años

Looking to update our back splash, need help picking color? Light or dark???

Comentarios (9)

• mxk3 z5b_MI
    hace 3 años

Light. Maybe something in a light soft green to compliment the color of the cabinets.

• KW PNW Z8
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

I think I’m agreeing with Maureen but really need to see a bigger slice of your kitChen that includes more of your floor. Your black counters are the dominant thing in this view but you really need to factor floor color into overall look which might account for your current BS tiles. Looks like shape & color mimic the floor. A subway tile would be a less busy look over the smaller squares. If you do subway, see if you‘re able to change orientation of outlets to horizontal to flow with tiles & also change outlet color to blend with tiles.

• niccidhg
    hace 3 años

Another option ( I was thinking along the same lines as mxk3 ) would be to use a light color that is different from your flooring but still light. This would make it a bit easier to avoid the dilemma of having to match bs and flooring beiges perfectly to co-ordinate and/ or risk having them compete with one another. This inspiration photo is of a white kitchen , but the island color is much like your cabinets . I think this mossy green ( “Spanish Moss “ from Jeffrey Court Tile ) would be lovely for your purpose. Tile Bar has a very similar looking tile with more of a handcrafted irregular edge, but in this color/ subway style.

• chloebud
    hace 3 años

Maureen's example looks great.

• farac
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thanks for the input....will post a better picture when I get home.

• PRO
    Kitchen Magic
    hace 3 años

This client Incorporated the color of the cabinet into the backsplash for a cohesive look.

• eld6161
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

Maureen nailed it.

• Betty Parker
    hace 2 años

Do not like any if these ideas

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.