Houzz Logo Print
holly_ann58

Pendants over island

Holly Ann
hace 3 años

Hi,

this picture is looking from my dining room into my kitchen. My sink is in the island, cooktop behind, and window to the side. My island is 114x 52.

I bought three of these pendants. 10” h and 7 “ diameter Everything I read said use three, but wondering if it will be too much.

Comentarios (15)

• Usuario de Houzz-187528210
    hace 3 años

I don’t think three is too much but three of those lights might be. Maybe keep one and use it in a different space. I would get three of something a bit more simple. Really pretty kitchen.

Holly Ann agradeció a Usuario de Houzz-187528210
  • PRO
    RoomSketcher
    hace 3 años

It looks like two could be enough in that space :-)

Holly Ann agradeció a RoomSketcher
  • Rachel
    hace 3 años

I agree, three will be too much. The kitchen is beautiful and the pendants tie the colors together nicely.

• Holly Ann
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

This was inspiration pic

• megs1030
    hace 3 años

You’ll be fine with 3.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    hace 3 años

based on the volume of the room and the size of the pendant two would end up looking too small IMO do three. The inspo pic has a much smaller space and they are not too big there...

Holly Ann agradeció a RL Relocation LLC
  • Holly Ann
    Autor original
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

Thank you. I loved the kitchen in the inspiration pic. So I do love these lights. Initially wanted to go with oversized woven bamboo but this is an old house with low ceilings and it just did not work And Also they will be a pain to clean.

• PRO
    Amy Peltier Interior Design & Home
    hace 3 años

It looks like you'd be able to do 3 pendants easily in your kitchen.

Casual Classic Remodel · Más información

• amanda milliard
    hace 3 años

Just here to comment how much I love these PB pendants ! I have been eyeing them for months.

Holly Ann agradeció a amanda milliard
  • New_to_this
    hace 3 años

Agree 3. Also what is your countertop? Beautiful!

• Arsh Rana
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

Hi. Holly. You see preventing lighting from getting too much is really simple. Your kitchen and dinning seems to be an open plan type.

First know how much brightness is recommended for a kitchen. I did the research and wrote a full article at lightingglow .com

it is around 150 - 200 lumens per square meter which means 18 lumens per square feet.

Simply measure to the total square feet area of your dinning and kitchen and multiply it with 18 you will get the recommended brightness for kitchen area.

after you have your lumens calculated see much lumens a individual pendant is emitting. it is printed on the description of bulb. Add all the lumens and match it with recommended brightness.

If you further need help you can always check the detailed answer on lightingglow.

Thanks.

• Holly Ann
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you. I have had my eye on these for awhile too. Can’t wait to see them installed.

My counters are Fantasy brown- granite. it comes in a lot of variations.

• PRO
    Hampshire Light
    hace 3 años

Hi Holly,

We encountered this situation with another project of ours. We chose to align the 3 pendants over the kitchen island to light up the workspace.

We would also recommend adding 3 pendants. Feel free to take a look at the project here: https://www.hampshirelight.net/portfolio/modern-kitchen

Hope this helps!

Hampshire Light team

• PRO
    Turina Design Lights
    hace 3 años

Hello,

I think 3 crystal pendants are perfect.

Ciao Alberto

www.turinadesign.com

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.