Houzz Logo Print
tania_clasen

Highlands Oak Coretec LVP

Tania Clasen
hace 3 años

Has anyone installed Highlands Oak Coretec floors with pics to share?

Comentarios (44)

• Tania Clasen
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you. Was hoping to see it in a larger space in a home. We start our install on this Thursday so I’ll know soon 😬 I’ll share here when completed.

• Rachel S
    hace 3 años

Please do! I’m considering the same one!

• Tania Clasen
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Not completely done yet but here is a picture of the kitchen. Complete job should be done by the end of the week - I’ll share better pictures then. We LOVE it so far!

• Tania Clasen
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

One more

• bondia
    hace 3 años

Tania Clasen, Gorgeous!

• Brenda Hagel
    hace 3 años

@Tania Clasen very pretty! How is it holding up for you? Any issues?

• Tania Clasen
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Holding up great and no issues. Loving it even more after it’s been in a few months.

• bondia
    hace 2 años

Ours were installed about 10 days ago and so far I love it.

• Tania Clasen
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

@bondia that’s great! Did you go with the same color? Share pics when you’re ready!

• bondia
    hace 2 años

Yes, Highlands Oak. I appreciated your photos when we were deciding. I'll post photos soon but right now the floors are covered with paper as we are painting :)

• bondia
    hace 2 años

I just realized I forgot to post photos of my floor. 10 months later I still love it and have loved it every single day. If anyone out there is considering this floor, I highly recommend it. If I wait to mop before posting photos it’ll never happen so please excuse any crumbs or spots. And if any more photos would be helpful let me know and I will post them.

• cjlbarz
    el último año

We are having the COREtec Plus XI Highlands Oak installed in our new home. Your pictures have been very helpful - thanks! I am wondering if either of you have a Roomba or other robot vacuum you use on the floors. If not, do you use a vacuum? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

• bondia
    el último año

So glad the pictures have been helpful. I hope you love your Highlands Oak as much as I do, I think you will. I do not have a robot vacuum. We generally sweep and occasionally mop, not often enough but the floor is surprisingly good at hiding dirt. However we sweep because that’s a chore my son does and he prefers sweeping. If it were up to me I would find some kind of cordless vacuum to do the job. Remember though if you use a vacuum, I believe you are not supposed to use the beater bar on the floor.

• Usuario de Houzz-604247244
    el último año

Beautiful floors! We're considering it for our new house. Some people complained to us that Coretec lvp makes crackling noise. Does this floor make any noise?

• bondia
    el último año

HU-604247244, sorry, I just saw your question, it was in my junk mail. My floor makes no sound at all when we walk on it.

• Sudhakar Katakam
    el último año

Hi All, Planning to go for HIGHLAND OAK 50 LVP 615 US0339 from XL collections. Just wanted to double check the images posted by you all is for the same. Because when I see your images, it appears slightly darker than how it looks visibly. Could you please advise. Thanks

• bondia
    el último año

Sudhakar Karajan, I would say that my photographs of my floor look slightly lighter than the floor looks in the box. Direct light shining on them makes them look a bit lighter. Have you been able to bring samples of the flooring to your house? It’s important to lay samples on the floor in different rooms, in different lightings. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

• Sudhakar Katakam
    el último año

Thanks for the reply. We went to show room and checked again. This looks beautiful. We will be going with this hybrid

• bondia
    el último año

Sudhakar Katakam, you’re welcome. I hope you love your floor.

• Danimal
    el último año

Hi bondia-

I just ordered highlands oak for our basement reno but I am driving myself crazy worrying whether i picked the right color. the stock photo online makes it look lile it has a green undertone! have you noticed that? does it look more cool or warm? does it look very dark in lower light? its so hard to tell with pics and a sample….

• bondia
    el último año

Hi Danimal, I have never noticed any green undertone or any green tone at all - my opinion based on the floor in my house is that there is no green there. But I am not a color expert, and anything is possible in someone’s basement with different light. The floor is a combination of mid and light tones so overall I consider it “mid“ on the dark to light scale. Even in lower light it never looks very dark to me although definitely darker than in bright natural light. It’s hard to answer whether it is cool or warm. I was trying to get away from overly warm tones so I believe this floor is cooler than many others. It’s cooler than say a cherry or a honey oak or anything in the orange tones. That said, I’m not sure if qualifies as an actual cool color, I don’t see any blue, green, or violet. Is it possible for you to give us a link to the stock photo online? Then I can tell you how that compares to what I see.

• Danimal
    el último año

Thanks for your comment!! the range in colors im seeing in online pictures is really throwing me off. This is the stock photo yhat looks warm to me and im seeing green

• Tania Clasen
    Autor original
    el último año

In my opinion, there is a balance of cool and warmth - which is why I chose these floors. There’s a slight hint of ‘gray’ that will get picked up in cooler tone rooms and a lot of neutral warmth to pick up more warm tones. I really think it’s a balanced wood color.

• bondia
    el último año

Danimal, I remember this photo. The lighter, yellower tones of the floor are very prominent in this photo, I'm wondering if it was taken in a super bright light? In my house, I see more of a mix of the darker and lighter tones and overall my floor looks darker than this, very seldom does my floor ever look this uniformly light. You must have better color perception than I do because I don't see green in the photo, it looks more yellow to me. The photo I posted above that shows my frig and a green highbacked bar stool best represents my floor as I most often see it.

• Danimal
    el último año

other pictures I see are so different though…

• Danimal
    el último año

The top picture looks quite warm and the middle dark and the bottom cool. meanwhile, i confirmed that my shipment is already on its way from GA!

• bondia
    el último año

Danimal, wowza, yeah, that's different. The top photo of the ones you just posted is so dark, I've never seen my floor look quite that dark. If you took that photo and the super light photo (with the six blank framed canvases) and combined the two tones randomly in the floor, that would be more accurate. The one taken in a closet - the color looks about right but I don't think my floor is that blotchy looking, I wonder if they didn't lay it out randomly enough?

• bondia
    el último año

Danimal, actually the closet photo looks a bit cooler than in real life.

If you choose to, can you return the flooring? Is there a restocking fee? You could open one box and lay it out and if you hate it, return the others?

• Danimal
    el último año

I could return but there is a 25% restocking fee so not super keen on that. i also really wanted a fairly neutral brown that could provide a little warmth. our walls, trim, etc will be all white and I go for light furnishings and textiles so i dont want the floor to be washed out. i looked at a lot of samples so hoping im happy. your responses have made me feel better..the reassurance that it isnt as dark as the darkest photo is appteciated! I like that you say it is a well balanced color..that is what i am hoping for..that or slightly cool. look how cool it looks against our very yellowed red oak floors! So that‘s the little sample I have. I have another picture of it not in direct light where it looks much darker

ps-please ignore all my typos..typing on phone!

• Danimal
    el último año

Another pic of my sample in indirect daylight…

• bondia
    el último año

Danimal, 25%, yikes! I wanted the same thing, a neutral brown, and I wanted it to provide just a little visual weight to my rooms which for the most part have very light walls and furniture. Highlands Oak has been exactly that for me, I have loved it and have not had a moment's doubt or regret. I hope you are as happy with your floor as I have been with mine. Please let us know what you think when it arrives or when it is installed, I will be very curious!

• cbreeze
    el último año
    Última modificación: el último año

I've had my Coretec XL installed in a pieds a terre in 2017 and I still love it. I use a roomba and even Swiffer wet wipes to mop and still looks great. Initially, I use the recommended Hilway diluted cleaner but I became bolder and find Swiffer wet wipes easier.

• bondia
    el último año

cbreeze, good to know! My daughter uses a Bissel Crosswave Cordless Max on her LVP floor and I'm wondering if it is safe for Coretec, I may try contacting them but they are always overly conservative on what they will recommend vs what is actually safe to use in the real world.

• Design2 girl
    el último año

Coming back to this old thread to see if anyone else has installed Highland Oak XL and how it turned out. It is my front runner choice for my entire upstairs and would love to see more pics irl. thanks in advance.

• D K
    el último año

Hi Danimal, If you don’t get responses from anyone else I’ll be glad to post more photos.

• retsonna
    el último año

I'd love to see more photos of the Highlands Oak installed! This is my frontrunner choice for LVP, my only hesitation right now is in the (micro) bevel of the boards. With the extra long and wide plank size, do you feel the microbevel sufficiently delineates each of the planks? I'm afraid of too much of a "sheet" appearance.

• D K
    el último año

retsonna, I hadn’t really thought of it before but now that you mention it, the planks are not super defined except when bright light is shining on the floor. I’m going to try to attach three or four more photos either in this message or a separate one. The one or two close-ups are photographing grayer and less true to color for some reason, the most accurate color is in the non-close-ups. These are all in addition to the photos I posted earlier in this thread. Let me know if you would like any more.

• D K
    el último año

And one more

• retsonna
    el último año

Thank you so much for the additional pictures! We’ll be laying it throughout our first floor so its a difficult and costly decision. Much appreciated!!

• D K
    el último año

We have ours throughout our entire first floor, too, and yes, it is a huge expense. It’s only been about 18 months for us so I well remember. Good luck, whatever you choose I hope you are very happy with it.

• Design2 girl
    el último año

Back to the Highlands Oak, and I realize this is quite old. I just placed the deposit for this flooring, and I'm planning to continue it right into the secondary guest bathroom that gets zero use. Let's face it, our son has been gone from home a long time. Do you guys have it in a bathroom? What kind of vanity, ie, white cabinet or wood tone do you think would look best? I need something pretty quickly and find myself having a hard time deciding this issue. Just ripped out all the old tile in the bathroom.

• D K
    el último año

We have Highland Oak in three bathrooms. Two of them have white cabinets, Sherwin-Williams Pure White, and it looks fantastic. In the third bathroom, the cabinet is stained wood, maple with a very light cherry stain. I don’t think this cabinet looks good with the Highland Oak, Highland Oak is neutral to cool and the maple/cherry combination is warm. Eventually we will be painting that cabinet. I have some walnut furniture that I think looks great with the Highland Oak.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.