Houzz Logo Print
goldenbird411

Drapery color suggestion please

goldenbird411
hace 3 años

I ordered my furniture about 8 weeks back .. and because of covid.. its going to be a little while.. but I would like to get suggestions on what color draperies you would hang with the furniture (the below photo is the set I am buying... my room color is edgecomb grey....

The below is the room now.. This couch is going and the new one (when it arrives) goes in its place... do you think the drapes I have now will be ok or would you suggest another color? And if so what color would you lean towards? please..

Comentarios (29)

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

You bought two of these sofas?

They are very big for the room, and I notice also are recliners. You don’t have enough space for them to recline.

If you want that look, consider a corner sectional with a large round ottoman to serve everyone.

In a smaller space, consider a furniture with legs….to get the piece up off the floor….not as heavy looking.

Article.com

goldenbird411 agradeció a JudyG Designs
  • goldenbird411
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Well no.. I bought a loveseat and a couch... the loveseat is in the 1st photo... The other set I have is also a reclining set... Which we like cause its comfortable - lol... and there is enough room to recline on the set we have in there now...

• jiddie
    hace 3 años

I would lighten up room with pretty off white linen curtain panels

goldenbird411 agradeció a jiddie
  • jiddie
    hace 3 años

Oh.. and put rod all the way up to molding.

goldenbird411 agradeció a jiddie
  • goldenbird411
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Jiddie.. do you think I should go sheers or solid off white? Thanks for your reply by the way! I was thinking about a lighter color...

• goldenbird411
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you Flo... If you don't mind me asking.. what program did you use to put the drapery in the photo with the sofa? I need that - lol ... I will search for something like that... we don't have a JC penny in Canada... unfortunately.... I will look for something on Amazon.ca , wayfair... or bed bath and beyond...

• goldenbird411
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

What do you think of these...do you think they are too sheer? or wouldn't look good in the room? Ideally it would be good if I could order them from somewhere - where I can actually return them if they don't look right...

The below are classed as pewter...

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 3 años

You need a stronger print. Small prints are more master bedroom looking. I much prefer a back tab drapery be a they take up less space especially with your bulky furniture you will find the grommet style takes up 6-8” of depth to hang properly behind furniture. Sheets in rooms with a TV let in too much light. They also won’t stand up to the scale of your furnishings. There are some rather inexpensive burlap panels but they are pretty casual looking.

goldenbird411 agradeció a Flo Mangan
  • goldenbird411
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Ok I will keep looking.. Thank you Melissa for the curtain additions to the room photo.. Do you have a certain software that makes you able to do this??? I would really like to get something like that... I have definitely needed it over the years...

I cant shop at JC Penny Melissa because I am Canadian... I shop at Bed bath and beyond, Amazon, Wayfair... I found a place online called Simons... and again.. at least it says free returns... Ideally I would like to be able to return it if I don't like it...

• goldenbird411
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

I really like those curtains you chose Flo... but I cant find them and JCpenny do not ship to Canada... They do look really nice with the new loveseat...

When searching for panels.. what color do you suggest I look for? Because the new furniture is a greyish/brown... do I only have grey to go with?

One other question... when selecting the panels.. should I go with a 84" long.. or 96".... 84 being a little short.. 96" is long??? (the ones I have right now in the photo seem to be 82"? )

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 3 años

How high are your ceilings? I think Wayfair ships to Canada. JCP, just had these amazing prices! I know how hard it is to get products in Canada, and expensive. Are you near the U.S. border? Some of my clients order and get delivered to folks they know in the U.S. and then ultimately pick up from them. I haven't done it. Not sure what is legal, so keep that in mind.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 3 años

As to color for drapery, I would stick to grays because at least in that photo, the predominate color that comes through is the gray tones. And you can coordinate a new rug with them easier too. But you could just stick with a plain linen look too. I really like a medium scale pattern because it will move your eye away from the oversized furniture and create more balance in the space. I know those pieces are comfortable for some folks, but designers aren't in love with them to say the least. They appear way to large for your space, so I hope they work out.

• goldenbird411
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Yes I get it... Originally I bought this furniture for the family room and because of the room shape I am not sure it will work out there.. My family is empty right now as I sold furniture to make space... I will just have to wait and see I guess where I can put it and who knows maybe in the end... I will purchase a smaller (comfortable set for the livingroom) because to be honest the stuff that is in the room is old and needs to be replaced too.... Anyways thanks for all your help.. I will post a photo once I get the furniture and then see where I can put it best... and I will go from there... at least I have a little idea what to look for - for draperies.. thank you for your help and your honestly! I appreciate it! :) Oh and I will replace the carpet once I figure it out too - lol

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 3 años

Glad you took my comments in the spirit intended. I have to be honest so you understand the challenges and if you can start over, I would do just one sofa, 80-86" long max and 36" deep and two chairs. Much easier to work with in any space. Being in a colder temperature zone, might want to try "warmer" colors too. Best of luck on your furniture adventures!

• tartanmeup
    hace 3 años

goldenbird411, you're in Canada? So am I. The struggle to find affordable ready-made patterned curtains that aren't sheer is real. My source suggestions: Bouclair, Fabricville (or Fabricland, depending on where you are), Ikea (not many patterned options this year), Pier 1, Urban Barn. You can also try Wayfair. You might get lucky at HomeSense. I like the idea of adding pattern to your living room but it might be simpler to reserve it for throw pillows and go with textured neutral curtains instead. In any case, the idea of waiting until the new furniture is in the room before deciding on the curtains is a smart one!

goldenbird411 agradeció a tartanmeup
  • goldenbird411
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Can anyone tell me if they think these drapes would work in my room with my coming furniture... Found them on amazon (I really like the drapes Flo picked but I can not order them to Canada...)

My furniture coming below

My room at the moment .. for you to see the room color

• Maureen
    hace 3 años

Try Ikea’s linen drapes. More info in link and they will be nicer than sheers, less busy than patterned and will compliment your rug better.

https://kelleynan.com/favorite-white-budget-friendly-curtains/

Thought this might help as well

Update cushions to work with rug and new furniture. Layer and use texture and patterns for more interest

goldenbird411 agradeció a Maureen
  • PRO
    Niche Interiors
    hace 3 años

Ivory drapes in a linen/cotton blend would help lighten up the space. Good luck!

goldenbird411 agradeció a Niche Interiors
  • goldenbird411
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Niche Interiors.. what do you think about these.. (same drape just 3 photos..) Sorry its such small photos but thats what I got off the home depot.ca site.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 3 años

I don’t recommend the grommet type drapery. They take up a lot of room.

• goldenbird411
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Is that not what you posted above.. the geometric ones you recommended?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 3 años

Nuts, you caught me! Lol. Actually, my priority was price and pattern. You can use grommets, but with your large scale furniture they do take up a lot of space!

• goldenbird411
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Ha ha ha... your funny Flo... no problem.. So do you think they will work... besides the grommets :) And if i REALLY like something - I WILL pay the price...

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 3 años

All these drapery panels are from Wayfair which is sold in Cananda

goldenbird411 agradeció a BeverlyFLADeziner
  • goldenbird411
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Well I received my drapes I ordered today.. I know its not exactly what some had suggested.. but I LOVE them! I haven't moved them up yet either... I now HOPE it will look nice with the new furniture... whenever the heck I get that! I guess in these times things are alot slower... I have to look for a new carpet too... something sort of like I have there now... (moved that in from the other room... I think it helps brighten the room the too... the photo doesn't exactly show how nice and bright the room is .. but I do think they go well with the paint color for sure... My iPhone camera doesn't exactly show the brightness of the room ... I bought the drapes at Home depo..

This is the carpet I was thinking about.. I was thinking in 8 x 10

• Trem Wills
    hace 3 años

I like the drapes you got from what I can see! The rug not so much...
    I’m in Canada too. I usually do Wayfair for rugs because you can order a small size like 2x3 to see how it looks and return it if it doesn’t work. Usually around $10 or less to return.
    Can you show a close up of the drapes and then people can suggest rugs?

goldenbird411 agradeció a Trem Wills
  • goldenbird411
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Yes I have also purchased from wayfair alot... here is a close up... I chose them mainly because I thought they went well with the room color... and I tried to incorporate a little grey which is in the drapes... but they also lighten the room as someone suggested I look for.. (good idea about ordering the small to see if you like it first!)

Heres little closer yet

• goldenbird411
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you all by the way for all your time and help.. I appreciate it very much! Its hard to put colors together and have it look nice... thank you for all the ideas!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.