Houzz Logo Print
cameron_canova12

Invisible Induction Reviews?

Cameron Canova
hace 3 años

Has anyone installed an invisible under-counter induction and have a review on it? I love the idea of induction cooking on an invisible cooktop for an upcoming remodel but I haven't been able to find reviews as it seems to be such bleeding-edge technology

Examples:

Comentarios (479)

• Paul F.
    hace 2 meses

@Shelli K. Swan-Ridel Thanks for the update. Now, you said in the past that the induction was slow to heat up and the company support was non-existent. Did they finally come through and help you make adjustments? I see you have 3 'burners' with no venting above the cooktop. How often do you use the cooktop, everyday or just occasionally?

• Corby Bee
    hace 2 meses

@Paul F. The cooktop is en route from Spain. The templater did a TERRIBLE job and we had to have another one come back and measure with a laser while also working around us being out of the country for a while. Big delay from that but I hope to have use/install updates this Spring.

One this we want to share is that TPB will not ship slabs with mitred edges so if you want one (for a waterfall or thick-looking edge) you have to have it shipped to your installer and have them work the edges. This was explained to us as risk avoidance- they don't want to ship slabs with such a thinned out edge overseas.

• wdccruise
    hace 2 meses

@Shelli K. Swan-Ridel: Given the size of the island, why are the induction elements spaced so closely together? Why are they not row which would have made the one at the top of the triangle easier to reach and further away from persons seated on the opposite side of the island?

• Stephen D
    hace 2 meses

I have a cooking surface prime unit. I am in Liverpool in the UK. Not sure if this is available in US. No issues with mine at all. I was lucky enough to test all 3 before buying mine. I went to tpb tech showroom in London as well as CSP showroom at Bloom Stones. I tested invisacook in Manchester. Ruled out invisacook straight away due to lack of power. Happy to answer any questions. I have plenty of videos of mine as well.

• Shelli K Swan-Ridel
    hace 2 meses

@Paul F & @wdccruise - we use the cooktop most days and whilst I havent ‘timed to boil’, I don’t think it’s slow perhaps I’m used to it now. It is under 20mm porcelain so 🤷‍♀️ and we had natural gas in our last house. The layout of the unit is as it is 3 elements in 600 x 600 mm layout & nowhere near people on the other side of island. There was no other option available. There needs to be an amount of clearance beneath unit and we would not want to lose drawer space so we have small drawer for utensils and to hold control panel.

• Shelli K Swan-Ridel
    hace 2 meses

@stephen D .. I have questions 🙌 What is your benchtop, porcelain 20mm? Did you buy their cookware? We’re you told your warranty would be voided did you not use the silicon mats? Is your cooker only 3 elements too? We are in Australia 🇦🇺 so options were minimal and we loved it so went ahead. Cheers from Oz 👋😊

• Stephen D
    hace 2 meses

Ours is the abk stone 20mm porcelain. Colour is vintage stone fog. Its a lovely concrete matt textured finish. Wanted to get their own stone for warranty and was advised not to get a plain or polished finish. Our pans came with the hob so have built in risers but they also supply those silicon mats if you want to use your own cookware. The cookware is actually really great although strangely the smallest pan is 20cm. We do a lot of cooking for family so often have large gatherings so the large pans work well. We have a 3 burner but considering getting another 3 burner to have 6 rings. I chose this over the 4 burner because the large ring on the 3 burner is more powerful than any on the 4.

• Shelli K Swan-Ridel
    hace 2 meses

@ Stephen D - Did not know about the large ring having more power .. so thanks for that. Do you know what was the possible issue with polished porcelain was as we weren’t advised? So far so good anyhoo. 🤞😊

• Stephen D
    hace 2 meses

I think it was just possibility of marks from pans but wont be an issue for you if you are using the mats. Your stone surface looks lovely! How do you find knowing where to put your pans?

• Shelli K Swan-Ridel
    hace 2 meses

Oh right, yes makes sense. Thanks. We love it too. Materia Corchia Gold. We waited 5 months for it to be shipped from Italy 😳 so I’m glad it was worth the wait. Love yours also we toyed with a concrete look, we were looking at savoy blue but the kitchen is black so may have been too dead together. We had planned on installing lasers to pin point each element however have got used to using without… the design/pattern in the porcelain and the handles in the drawer make it easy to locate where they are. We didn’t want to mark the tops incase we ever have to update cooker. 👌

• Stephen D
    hace 2 meses

Yes it helps having variation in the surface to get the locations. We considered etching but did not want to spoil the un spoilt slab look.

• wdccruise
    hace 2 meses
    Última modificación: hace 2 meses

@Shelli K Swan-Ridel"The layout of the unit is as it is 3 elements in 600 x 600 mm layout"

So what you have is a three-element, featureless cooktop squeezed into a 24" x 24" rectangle, whose elements' centers and boundaries are unmarked but require protection with pieces of silicon, and whose controller is stuck in a drawer INSTEAD of having a 30" or 36" cooktop with four or five high-powered, easily-identifiable elements that require no protection, lots of features, and a controller right on the cooktop surface AND whose black surface would have matched the black sink and appliances elsewhere in the kitchen.

• Usuario de Houzz-227031627
    hace 2 meses

@wdccruise, what you say may be accurate, but I think it misses the point. When the cooking unit is concealed under the porcelain, it means that you can use where the cooking unit is for other things when it is not on (so roll out cookies there). Moreover, it visually looks much better hidden. The black 30" or 36" cooktop that you mention will never be used for other things (rolling out cookies, for example).

So is there a tradeoff? There is a tradeoff with everything in life, and everyone needs to weigh that tradeoff for themselves and understand what matters most to them.

hace 2 meses

Thank you Shelli and Stephen for your OUTSTANDING kindness in posting all these pictures/videos and answering all our questions!! You are very wonderful people!

• Shelli K Swan-Ridel
    hace 2 meses

@wdccruise it doesn’t at all feel squashed in.. I would rarely have the need for more than 3 elements at once and the unit can be controlled by app on your phone also so not an issue at all really.

We absolutely 🥰❤️🫶 love it 🤣 As mentioned we are in australia and there are not many options here. Those that are here are more expensive and require you to purchase stone thru them and have them install which was so much more exe. This unit was I nstalled independently and porcelain bought separately for wider colour choice so was a better option for us.

Are you a supplier of one of the other brands? 🤔

• Shelli K Swan-Ridel
    hace 2 meses

@paul F sorry forgot you had asked about support. Tbh I haven’t even contacted them and we just researched online bought the larger pad like the one used with invisicook and all seems to be working fine so haven’t needed to reach out thankfully.

• Paul F.
    hace 2 meses

There is no reason that a glass cooktop can't be used to role out dough or used for other things. I love the hidden elements but it really appears its a few years off to be more than a novelty to show off to friends with... unless Gaggenau pulls it off with this new set-up. Invisicook with the science project looking controller stuffed in a drawer and this other one with a control box on a cable. Imagine how many times that will hit the ground. I'm hoping a major US company will announce something at KBIZ so we can just jump on board and not worry about boil times, lack of support or overheating, etc.

It could happen. The ventless washer dryer combo was perfected last year by GE with the most perfect washer/dryer ever... The UltraFast. One machine that washes and dries in 2 hours. I have a vent, a gas line too but I capped them to use this ventless machine that only needs a 110 plug and a drain, using only 850 watts of power. In my opinion, it has revolutionized the way people will wash clothes in the future. I just hope someone does the same with this induction technology. I need the technology to be better than what it is trying to replace.

One machine means I have space for storage and a steamer!

• Shelli K Swan-Ridel
    hace 2 meses

@Paul F last comment sorry was for @Stephen D however I disagree re: benchtop was more about not cutting into my beautiful porcelain, less to clean around etc. Horses for courses I guess. Happy to make the trade off.

I’ve heard about the washer dryer unfortunately not available in Australia as yet .. soon I hope not that there is much call for a dryer in my area but can’t wait for it to arrive here.

• Paul F.
    hace 2 meses

@Shelli K Swan-Ridel Because the GE machine is so great I would imagine every washer company everywhere is going to be coming out with the a heat pump combo like this later this year or the next. I'm sure the new ones will be prettier, smaller and better with a wider color selection but I'm extremely happy with this one right now. I'm sure you feel the same way about your burners. :)

• wdccruise
    hace 2 meses

Shelli K Swan-Ridel: "and the unit can be controlled by app on your phone"

So you put your phone on the island and poke at it to turn the induction elements on and off and set the power levels? You switch back and forth between looking at the pan and your phone? What if you get cooking oil or grease on your finger? What if somebody calls you while you're cooking; do you answer your now-oily phone? What if you want to use another app; do you have to swipe away from the cooking app? What if somebody else needs to take over while you go to the bathroom; do you have to loan him your phone? What if your phone battery dies?

• Stephen D
    hace 2 meses

Lets face it cooktops are ugly!. The options with hidden cooktops are endless and interchangeable. I plan to add 3 rings to have 6 rings over 24 x48. I dont get food stuck between glass and my stone and i dont have to scrub cooking marks off it to make it look nice. The controller is waterproof so you can wipe clean just like you would wipe clean a glass cooktop controls only in reality once temp is set i dont need to change it. Because the stone is not cut it is physically much stronger. The controller has a timer so you can also get it to switch off by itself. I had a bosch glass induction unit before this one and before that a gas hob. Would never got back to either. The power of my unit is the same as my old bosch glass induction unit. Its quicker than gas to boil water. Hope this helps. :)

• Stephen D
    hace 2 meses

If the controller thing is an issue there are these options.

• kaseki
    hace 2 meses

I wonder how quickly the hob that is supporting a boiling-over pot can be turned down with these controllers/mobile-phone apps. I suppose the best approach is to just move the pot and then adjust the power level.

• Marie K
    hace 2 meses

UPDATE

We LOVE LOVE LOVE our Invisacook!!! I will update later with videos. It was installed in time for Christmas dinner, so the cooking immediately became giant pots. Our 220V wiring works perfectly. We installed the control unit in a shallow drawer under the counter and my contractor built a fitted box inside that drawer to hold it in place. We did shave out part of the back of the drawer so that the cables ran smoothly on the opening of the drawer, and then retracted well.

The amount of power for our 4-burner unit HARD WIRED by our electrician to 220V (not plugged in) is perfect.

I have been swamped with more construction and travel, it will probably take me until March to upload videos, but I will do so.

Meanwhile know that we LOVE our Invisacook hardwired to 220V power.

hace 2 meses

Glad this technology is really panning out.

• Janet Conley
    hace 2 meses

Marie K thanks for that info.

• Paul F.
    hace 2 meses

@Stephen D We've just had a problem getting straight answers from the early adopters of Invisicook posting here. It appears to me that they see the many drawbacks to the tech and they just don't like feeling bad about their purchase so they won't answer direct questions, provide videos or make it clear its not their primary cooktop, or it turns out its in their guesthouse... or their photos show no ventilation above cooktop so they can't be serious cooks. It's always something. Having a seemingly unstable founder of Invisicook joining the discussion months ago did nothing for confidence in the technology at least with me.

For example, I'm an early adopter of the GE heat pump washer/dryer as I state above. I love everything about it. If you want answers about it, dry times, videos, tech support... just ask. You'll have them right away not next month and not just 5 second videos. You can see in this thread there are almost 500 comments and no definitive answers until your statement about it being the SAME as your Bosch induction and you preferring it. When I say IT, I mean the Cooking Surface Prime unit you have. You have a third option not mentioned by the OP. It's not Invisicook or TPB it is CSP.... 3 different companies, right?

My first thoughts:

Having a loose controller is just a negative all the way around, but adapting it to a pop out helps.

Having a strong counter is not something anyone is worried about, not a selling point... Having a totally HIDDEN cook surface is what it's all about it.

Not having Wifi to automatically turn on the vent when the cooktop is turned on is a drawback.

Yes, going with a glass surface induction instead of hidden can be challenge to keep it unmarred but I'd planned on cooking through a silicone sheet to keep it new looking and make grease clean up easier. I would hope a good caulk job would keep the food out of the seams.

I'd still be wary of those metal feet on your pans marring the counter surface. Those are metal feet, are they not?

So this unit is slower to boil water than the Bosch induction? How much slower?

• wdccruise
    hace 2 meses

Having to control the power levels of induction elements using a tiny remote control -- that can adjust only one element at a time -- or a phone app, and a cooktop with no markings that show the locations of induction elements, no element boundary markings, and no indicators nearby that show power levels or even elements' status (on/off) seems downright bonkers.

If you were to ask an engineer to come up with the worst possible UI, it would be this. It's like driving down a road with no lane markings, the gas pedal in the glove box, and the speedometer in the back seat.

• Stephen D
    hace 2 meses

@Paul F. I understand. What's interesting in that invisacook seems to have the most opinions and videos online. Most of the videos showed someone boiling water in a frying pan which made me a bit sceptical. I thought my story and opinions may help other so the following is what I felt from hands on with each unit

My first demo was the invisacook unit. It was a 4 burner unit under 12mm Dekton. Initially the salesman put some water in a frying pan so I asked him to fill a normal pan. It did manage to get a medium size pan of water to boil (attached a photo of this) but I just felt it was too slow and not hot enough to deal with cooking with large pans. I was pretty gutted at the time because I had my heart set on one!

I my second demo was TPB tech unit in London. Tied this is with a trip with our kids :)They have a showroom in twickenham with a working unit and you can view samples of most of their stone choices. They give you a completely bespoke setup with as many inductors as you want in any arrangement. Their inductors are really powerful and controls usually built into the stone surface. With their units you are completely tied into using their stone surfaces. The salesmen there were really helpful. I would definitely recommend the TPB tech units but for me it was the look that put me off. Their surface is made of layers so in a side on view you see stone on the top followed by a metal plate and then a layer of black or white bakelite. They do not recommend mitred downstands so there is no way to avoid seeing this. I also did not find a stone finish that I could fall in love with. They did not do any with a matt textured finish. My favourite surface they had was one called crotone pulpis but it was more of a satin finish. I should probably say that this layered approach to the surface is what makes their unit special. It has pretty incredible drop resistance and heat dissipation. Shame the compromise is the aesthetics.

My third demo was the cooking surface prime. This was at Blooms stones showroom in London. They are a stone supplier and I was able to have a demo with a 3 burner unit and also view full size slabs of a lot of the ABK stone samples. I was able to take home some samples and was able to order some more to be posted out. I had a demo boiling cold water in a pan and this came to the boil quickly (similar speed to what I was used to with my current induction unit at the time). I loved a lot of the ABK stone samples and their units allow use of 20mm porcelain. I decided to go with their own stone for a warranty but also because the surface I picked called vintage stone fog was almost identical to Dekton Kreta which I really liked. Their units come in a 3 or 4 burner configuration. I chose the 3 burner because it has a larger more powerful ring. Their units come with 3 non sticks stainless steel frying pans and 3 stainless steel pans all with feet to raise them off the surface. The largest pan in 26cm and holds 8 litres. I often cook large quantities and freeze things so this is great for that. Power setting goes upto 9. Typically reduce this to between 3-6 to keep a rolling boil. I love cooking and use the unit most days. I am going to continue to post videos on YouTube to help people get an idea of it works.

photos from my invisacook demo
    Some TPB tech samples from our showroom visit.

• Usuario de Houzz-153592684
    hace 2 meses

Hi Stephen,

Your review is so helpful. I'm at the planning stage of a house and have fallen in love with the idea of the integrated hob.

Really appreciate it, I now know where to look!

Naomi

• tapattee
    hace 2 meses

@PaulF. We started looking at the Miele Steam when we began getting planning approval a few yrs back. Would you recommend the GE Combo over the Miele Steam Washer and Dryer? We are planning on running on almost 100% solar so electrical savings is important (our city won't allow gas lines). We will be at KBIS so if you have thoughts on what's new, in general, we should also look at would love your input.

• Paul F.
    hace 2 meses

@tapattee I've always been fascinated by the idea of a combo washer/dryer but the reviews have been terrible forever. With most combo units you get a tiny little 2.7cu 220v machine that takes hours just to dry one comforter.

GE took the all the negatives on combo washers and fixed them with just 850 watts... my calculations is that is about 25 cents of electricity per load. I can't imagine finding a better machine for a solar home on the market right now.

The overlooked benefits of the machine are that the laundry room will not be hot, it will not be humid and there is NO smell of laundry soap in the air. The machine could be easily be in a master closet (with water and a drain) and your clothes in the closet wouldn't start smelling like a laundromat.

I'm going to KBIS in 10 days and I hope to find another combo that uses a heat pump the way GE has done... I'd like one shorter than the GE's 47 inches height and more color choices other than dark gray. I'm about to have cabinets made and don't want something made needlessly high. I'll just move this one into my rental. Also I'm hoping for more hidden induction options or at least the release of the long delayed 7000 series Miele induction cooktop.

• tapattee
    el último mes

@PaulF Thanks for the info. Our w/d will be in our closet area so you hit the mark for us. We're signed up for Whirlpool's demos on the first day of KBIS at 4 pm. They have a w/d combo. Maybe we'll see you there. We're also going on the hunt for an undercounter induction too. At the moment we are leaning towards Invisicook because they are more within our price range. I've learned alot on this forum so I have lots of questions for them.

• Julie Hunt
    el último mes

Sorry if I’m asking you to repeat yourself, but did you have a traditional induction prior and if so how do the features compare? Asking because we are in the process of designing our new kitchen and our current kitchen has induction and I adore it. But the new kitchen I’m going back-and-forth on whether or not to go with the invisible induction, stick with the traditional or maybe do both. I have also contemplated doing an invisible induction on the island and a gas cooktop elsewhere because Everyone but me loves gas stoves.

• Stephen D
    el último mes

Hi Julie, I had a standard 60cm induction glass induction unit before the cooking surface prime and a gas hob before that. My old induction unit was pretty basic compared to some of the new glass induction units. A lot of the glass units now have bridging function to link multiple inductors and separate boost functions/ timers etc. The cooking surface prime controller has a timer but no bridging function. The fan on the cooking surface prime is slightly noisier than my last induction hob but you don’t really notice this once you start cooking. I don’t miss the gas at all. In my opinion the only benefit of gas is for wok cooking. I used to hate cleaning our gas hob.

• Janet Conley
    el último mes

Hey everyone please come back here and let us know what you find out at KBIS on the Invisacook. Thanks

• Paul F.
    el último mes

@tapattee I hope this Whirlpool combo is better than the one they introduced there last year. I'll check it out too. You know that the IBS (terrible acronym) International Builders Show is going on at the same time there too, right? I'm checking that out as well.

I will report back on all hidden inductions that I can.

• Missy Bee
    el último mes

I saw on recent episode of “This Old House” an induction cooktop where you could put a pot anywhere on the rectangular cooktop… no keeping on the circles! I wish I had that—so flexible but easily identifiable as the place to cook!

• Paul F.
    el último mes

The Thermador freedom cooktop is like that. Everyone has been waiting for the 7000 series miele Cooktop that was introduced everywhere except the US back in 2019…. YouTube video shows the pot being slid across the glass and its temperature setting come along with it. Definitely going to have some long scratches on that cooktop!

• tapattee
    el último mes

@PaulF You're right about IBS. I forgot about that acronym. We are actually in LV sitting in our RV so we can attend KBIS (aka IBS) next week. Yes, we will have to do some comparing. We need to look for a cooking exhaust vent too. We're leaning towards a ceiling exhaust. We were going with a Wolfe but there are so many out there now.

• rosee_bv
    el último mes

@Missy Bee Gaggenau allows you free position of cookware.

• Paul F.
    el último mes
    Última modificación: el último mes

Ok, I'm at KBIS. Gaggenau is not here so no preview of their hidden induction. TPB and Invisicook did not make it either. CSP wasn't here.

Whirlpool did not introduce a new combo washer/dryer. They are so embarrassed by the terrible one introduced last year that its not even at the show. Dacor previewed one that is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. No photograph allowed and for good reason... absolutely butt ugly and at least 50 inches tall.

The good news is LG came out with one that is a huge 5cuft and washes and dries a load in under 2 hours. Its 39" tall which is 9" shorter than the GE. Its shown here with the washer pedestal (does not dry) or you can get a storage drawer or a 5 inch solid riser.... or use nothing underneath it. Built-in cabinets need to accommodate the top lint filter.... with a hinged shelf?

Watch this video before you decide between the 2 units.

• Curtis Ceballos
    el último mes

So, Invisacook is being showcased in Four booths at KBIS: Coverlam, Techlam, Cesarstone with cekebrity chef Chef Kevin and at the German Pavilion. Come vidit!

• Paul F.
    el último mes

You’re not listed in any of the indexes, so I missed it. Would’ve been nice to have a heads up before hand.

• tapattee
    el último mes

I saw Invisicook at 2 booths and visited a lot of porcelain vendors that now can handle the undercounter induction. I will post more probably tomorrow when I have time go go thru my notes. Also saw the Whirlpool Combo. A little disappointed that they were not really familar with their own product. Did visit both LG and GE. Again lots of notes. Will be interested in seeing how PaulF likes his LG. Off the top of my head I know LG has a condenser where GE does not. GE did claim they can handle bigger loads and had the most great reviews. I thought it was a lot of "puffing" since LG just recently came out with theirs Combo so there would be less reviews. Also did not see Gag. We were looking for Wofle too for their ceiling exhaust vent for the induction and didn't see them either.

• Paul F.
    el último mes
    Última modificación: el último mes

@tapattee Whirlpool told me their poorly reviewed combo (released last year) was not on display! I walked the booth and did not see it either... maybe because they told me it was not there. Please post a picture of it.

You got lucky spotting any hidden induction. I searched for it with the help of guest services. I even went back today looking. I love the concept and want it so badly but if the big boys are steering clear then its not ready for the masses...that's the way I look at it.

LG was on it with the challenge to the GE combo... making it slightly larger, 9 inches shorter and the Frig that changes colors was a slightly better Samsung.

The GE combo definitely has a condenser with a 5 year warranty. "Five years From the date of the original purchase. The sealed heat pump drying system (compressor, condenser, evaporator and all connecting tubing) which fails due to a defect in materials or workmanship. During this additional four-year limited warranty, you will be responsible for any labor and related service costs."

I would watch this comparison video of the 2 machines before you decide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCTpDVgQXGI {update Mar 1st} The bad reviews are starting to come in on the LG. The condenser is 1/3 the size of the GE and not drying effectively. I'm refusing delivery on it tomorrow. So disappointed!

I guess a dark counter with a Miele induction isn't so bad. Thats what I'll probably go with.

But some other interesting ones.

• Deborah Kramer
    hace 20 días

I currently have a standard freestanding 30" gas range (oven below, 4 gas burners on top). I don't have anywhere to put a wall oven or anything. Is it possible to have an invisible induction system with oven below?

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.