Houzz Logo Print
adnan_tahir47

Firepit area too far from sitting area

Addy T
hace 3 años

We had a fire pit built into our patio with a sitting wall bench area but I feel like it is too far from the fire pit and too large. Any ideas on how to fix this or change it? Builder said the sitting ledge was standard at 12” but seems small.

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Revolutionary Gardens
    hace 3 años

With built-in firepit seating your choices are placing the seat too close to the fire, or too far away. It's whyI always recommend against it, because the "perfect" location changes throughout the evening. As for width, I like 16" or wider. Even my tiny friends appreciate the extra width. It looks like if you eliminate the seat backs and widen the bench by that amount you'll get a bigger seat and reduce the mass of the walls by a tad bit.

• PRO
    KD Landscape
    hace 3 años

There are times you want to be closer to the fire and times you want to move away from the fire, which is why chairs and benches work better than fixed seating. Echoing exactly what @Revolutionary posted. Remove the seat backs and you'll have a wider and more comfortable place to sit. The workmanship looks solid, but the design is not functional.

• Embothrium
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

What am I missing here? I see a bench that looks like it is about 4 inches wide. The space for the fire to sit in also looks too small to be usable. Otherwise the huge path leading up to the fire area looks like serious overkill, makes the fire area kind of an anticlimax. Yet really doesn't seem wide enough to serve as a patio.

• Indecisiveness
    hace 3 años

How is a 12” ledge for sitting ‘standard’? That seems really narrow.

I think it would be better with at least one less wall.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.