Houzz Logo Print
kevin_richard12

Herringbone pattern messed up

Kevin Richard
hace 3 años
última modificación:hace 3 años

Hey, got herringbone put around our fireplace and to the naked eye it looks great but there are some glaring errors in the pattern. Paid 400$ for labor and am not happy. Is this normal? What should I expect as compensation? Should I go directly to the contractor or to the flooring company who arranged it? Thanks

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    PRM Custom Builders
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

Whoever hired the guy is who you go to. If your contractor hired your sub-contractor, you go to the contractor. And whomever did the tile job needs to fix it.

Kevin Richard agradeció a PRM Custom Builders
  • Nick
    hace 3 años

From a practical legal perspective you go to the person you paid, as that is whom your contract is with. Which I think is just another way of saying what PRM is telling you.

Kevin Richard agradeció a Nick
  • PRO
    PRM Custom Builders
    hace 3 años

Yes Nick. I should have clarified a bit more. Thanks!

Kevin Richard agradeció a PRM Custom Builders
  • Kevin Richard
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Ok so is it fair to say this job was not done correctly? Nobody but me and my girlfriend notice it but it is clearly not correct herrIngbone pattern. Thanks everyone

• Nick
    hace 3 años

@PRM Custom Builders, you were perfectly clear. I just saw your post when I was part way through mine.

@Kevin Richard, it took me a while to figure out what was wrong, but once you see it, you're not going to unnotice it. Perhaps it is correct and there's a reason it was done that way, but if I were you I'd at least want to know what the reason is.

• PRO
    PRM Custom Builders
    hace 3 años

I agree with Nick, and to further his suggestion, maybe ask the tile installer for their design plan and see if it matches.

• Kevin Richard
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

The reason is he didn’t have enough tiles, he already had to redo the job once cause he didn’t used spacers and all the tiles slid while they were setting, see photos. So he had to buy new tiles and clearly didn’t buy enough to do the job properly. I guess he was hoping i wouldn’t notice. Our contractor installed the wood trim around the herringbone so to redo the job all that would have to be removed as well.

@Nick

@PRM Custom Builders

• PRO
    PRM Custom Builders
    hace 3 años

I wish I had something else to offer. Talk to your contractor or tile person(if you hired them) and get a refund. I would not use them a 3rd time. If it was your contractor tell your contractor you will not accept the same person to do the work again. That is not unreasonable. Great space in your home though!

• Nick
    hace 3 años

I would say that if the contractor has to remove the trim and it costs him, then he should recover that from the tiler. Frustrating as it is, I think they will have to redo it and you hope it's a case of third time lucky. You paid for a job and their incompetence shouldn't be part of the price you pay.

• PRO
    PRM Custom Builders
    hace 3 años

That is very true Nick. What a frustrating situation, sorry Kevin.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.