Houzz Logo Print
webuser_6868130

Wall mounted PR faucet

I have seen a fair amount of back and forth on how high to mount them above a vanity but what I am reading runs counter to what Dornbracht told me on the phone. I have a 34” tall vanity with a deep under mount sink. Online many seem to say that the faucet should be mounted about 5” above the top of the vanity. The spout for the faucet in question is 2-1/2” so the water comes out 2-1/2“ below the rough-in. Dornbracht suggested doing the rough-in at 10” above countertop (44” AFF) which would have the spout at 7-1/2” above the counter. This seems higher than everything I have read. Would love an OP on this from someone who has mounted one around this height.

Again, will be a PR, not a MB so the look is of paramount concern as opposed to everyday use.

many thanks

Comentarios (7)

• PRO
    Change Your Bathroom©
    hace 3 años

Do you have the model number of the faucet ? Or a photo of the spec sheet? I have mounted different wall faucets at different heights depending on the angle of the spout, etc.

Also, how high is your backsplash?

• Usuario de Houzz-6868130
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

It is the 3 hole dornbracht MEM 36712782-170010. It is the 7-7/8” projection from the wall. The vanity is 18” x 18”, backsplash is a 22” wide mirror that goes 2” past vanity on each end of the vanity and starts at the floor, ending at 7’ AFF (8’-9” ceiling). Faucet comes out of the mirror. Thanks

• PRO
    Change Your Bathroom©
    hace 3 años

Dornbrachts specs are right for a 36" counter and since your counter is lower you would mount your faucet center at 42" off of the finished floor (which would still make your faucet 8" center off the counter).

• Usuario de Houzz-6868130
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you. For what it’s worth the person on the phone said they give a range of 6” to 14” above a vanity and for a 34” vanity he recommended mounting at 10” above (44” AFF). He may just have been wrong or it may be people like as low as 6” to as high as 14”, though 14” seems crazy.

• PRO
    Change Your Bathroom©
    hace 3 años

Yes I would say 14” would be very high! In my experience 8” above the counter feels best. You can also see a few of our projects with wall mounted faucets ( at 8” off the counter).

• PRO
    Change Your Bathroom©
    hace 3 años

Though perhaps they were accounting for vessel sinks in the higher mounting recommendation.

• acm
    hace 3 años

it's probably where you like to hold your hands. you could dangle a spoon and see what feels right...

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.