Houzz Logo Print
jessicarconway

Cedar shingle panels or individual shingles?

jessicarconway
hace 3 años

Hi Nick, I’ve enjoyed reading through all of your discussion questions and answers. We are designing our home and planning to use western red cedar shingles. Our contractor is suggesting that we use shingle panels, for easier installation, less cost. What did you use on this home? And do you have an opinion on the aesthetics?

Sea Ranch Residence · Más información

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Nick Noyes Architecture
    hace 3 años

These were individual shingles - the panels can be fine - certainly easier on the budget - they look pretty good.

• jessicarconway
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you!

• jessicarconway
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

I read that you left the shingles untreated. Does that mean they’re not sealed or stained at all, ever? Do they just clean them once a year, as needed? How do they prevent rot?

• jessicarconway
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

I’ve done more reading, and in our location I think it is safe to go with untreated. Did you apply a UV protectant or any kind of sealer?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.