Houzz Logo Print
vinita_m

need help with how to furnish this space

Lara
hace 3 años

Recently done a refurb and up to this point was sure on the look. Now I am stuck and having second thoughts on wallpaper! I don’t know how to decorate now. Any suggestions would be helpful or if there is a interior designer who can help source furniture and suggestions please let me know. Thanks

Comentarios (6)

• tamp75
    hace 3 años

I would say you’re nearly there. I think it’s quite usual to have a crisis of confidence at this stage! I think the table needs changing - the wood doesn’t work with the floor and there’s no other wood in the room. It also looks a bit lost there. Maybe a rug to anchor it might help although personally I’m not a fan of dining tables on rugs but something is needed. For me, the door being the same colour as the wall makes it more difficult as it’s such a long bare space without anything really to divide it up. So I think a sideboard / storage (maybe tall storage) along the wall to the right of the door would be good, with a mirror / artwork above if a sideboard. Some artwork behind sofa plus either tall floor lamp or floor standing plants would help. The kitchen area looks good so I don’t think anything major is needed there.
    You could consider some window treatment, even if just decorative to add some warmth to the space. We didn’t have any curtains or blinds on the windows / doors along the back of our bungalow for 2 years after renovating as we weren’t overlooked but when we finally chose some, it instantly made the space feel more cosy & homely, so maybe something to consider.

• Ellie
    hace 3 años

I think it needs more furniture as there is too much dead space. Eg sideboard, console with lamps behind sofa or bookcase divider.

Also agree the table doesn't look right, because of the style/colour but also because it lookalike it is all on its own in middle of empty room.

Big leafy plants in corner, big standard lamp perhaps?

• Sonia
    hace 3 años

Fantastic space but it’s just a bit bare. You need art and mirrors on the walls and a couple of floor lamps peeping over the sofa, say one at each end. Lamps create so much warmth, especially at night. I’m not sure about the wall colour, it’s almost identical to the sofa. I would go for a paler shade, something pale taupe like Skimming Stone. For artwork try Etsy or King & McGaw. Use your rug for colour inspiration. The table and chairs are lovely but have more of a rustic country look which doesn't quite sit right with the room. You have created a lovely family room, just needs those finishing touches.

• Lara
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thanks all. I should have added I know I need to add sideboard and want to change dining table, as it’s our old one, but don’t know what type to go for- was thinking concrete but may be too grey? I need someone to help with finishing off the design- the rug and sofas are old too, so could be changed. Or change the sofa at side for some funky chairs? Is there anyone who sources pieces for a space- it’s the end bit of the interior design I need help with. Thanks

• Lara
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Also what colour table and side board?

• PRO
    A New Day - Interior Design Studio
    hace 3 años

Hi Lara - it looks like you've got a great space to work with, but would benefit from bringing it all together with some warmth and texture to soften the feel of the space. I can help with that, drop me a line if you're interested in chatting - hello@andrewjonathan.design

Andrew

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.