Houzz Logo Print
caseyrowe

Alternative ways to match dining room floor to the rest of the house?

caseyrowe
hace 3 años

I would like to redo the flooring in our dining room. It’s currently carpet and I would like to change that to wood but the rest of the house is done in wood flooring that has been discontinued. I’ve tried to match it with other wood but it’s all a little but off. Any ideas on what to do instead? I’m looking for a formal dining room style. Thanks!

Comentarios (13)

• SJ McCarthy
    hace 3 años

Photos please...include the flooring/cabs in kitchen if you can.

• Design Girl
    hace 3 años

Is it engineered hardwood?

• hbeing
    hace 3 años

do a herringbone floor in 2-3 wood tones, one of which matches the rest of your floor?

• apple_pie_order
    hace 3 años

Set off the new wood flooring with a contrasting border.

• ksd4423
    hace 3 años

What is underneath the carpet?

• caseyrowe
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you all! I’ll send some photos.the existing floors are engineered. The herringbone is a great idea. I have a sample...it’s actually been difficult to find a herringbone or chevron in a close color to the existing floors so I have a black sample. I’ll send a photo of that as well to get your opinion. I’m leaning towards that option. Underneath the carpet is just the concrete, etc. I was hoping to find something amazing but to no avail.

• caseyrowe
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

The black herringbone next to the existing floor. This doorway is the only place the two floors meet. It goes from the kitchen to the dining room. Is it too stark?

• PRO
    User
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

Too stark and has a different style feel to it. The herringbone is a bit country with that more raw looking wood. Your current wood floor feels more traditional and classic. I'm assuming you're looking for a perimeter wood, then having a floor that more closely matches your current floors in the center. I would look for a perimeter wood that is the same style as your current floors for cohesiveness.

• Katie B.
    hace 3 años

Tile and wood combo

• Ellen S
    hace 3 años

I love your floors! What about using a contrasting color in the same style? Then it won’t look like you were trying to match them, but the style will still be present. I like the idea of a perimeter piece to offset them, too.

• caseyrowe
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you! I agree the contrast is just too stark!

• caseyrowe
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

I love this tile wood combo idea, Katie B. I did find a wood that is similar. We are using it on our staircase (going from carpet to wood with the white risers and a fun runner) so if we use that wood just enough but to offset some tile for a design that could work!

• Design Girl
    hace 3 años

The tile/wood combo is interesting, but not sure throwing another element into the mix is the best thing. I think the herringbone floor in a warmer color (or several different colors) would be a great way to bring the spaces together.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.