Houzz Logo Print
josephine_hislop94

Say NO to Brizo Luxe gold

Josephine 2187
hace 3 años

So I purchased the luxe gold rook in a shower and faucet. The faucet is some horrid dull color and the shower is brighter. I'm holding the faucet handle to the shower. I must admit seeing them installed everything just looks awful. I am so disappointed with this purchase. I tried to swap it out for all polished nickel but Brizo's customer service will only replace the faucet. At this point I would even do it for a decent discount because I realize that it is a lot to ask but that was not offered to me either.

Here is why I DONT want another luxe gold faucet. The toilet paper holder, and robe hooks were all the same dull grayish gold as the faucet. I checked the boxes and they certainly said "Luxe Gold" for the color. My fear is that what if the faucet is actually the correct color and the shower which is brighter but more orange is actually the wrong color. I explained this to customer service. She was so rude and antagonizing while I was explaining the situation. She tried to tell me that it was probably cleaned wrong etc. I explained that it is in a new build and has not even been used yet.

Also if you are considering the luxe gold it is very painful to match the glass shower enclosure hardware. I got a brushed brass and it just looks ridiculous. My hope with writing this is that I would dissuade even one person from going with that finish and save them a heap of trouble (and money)! I did lots of research before I purchased and I just wish that I had come across an article where someone properly listed the cons! Also worth mentioning that the rough in is very expensive and limits you to what you can change it out to should you want to stay within the same line in the future.

Comentarios (45)

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 3 años

Hey Brizo, there's this thing called the "internet" these days. You can't have this kind of stuff showing up on it. Bad for business.

• Simone Allen
    hace 3 años

I’m also having a difficult time accepting the polished luxe gold (which is just the polished version of what you’re speaking about). Brizo’s website and catalog severely misinterpret the color. While the polished is absolutely stunning in person, it is very dark and hardly looks gold (or brass, which it looks on Brizo). Not sure if I’m going to keep it (or if they’ll even accept it back) but I hope you’ve had some luck!

• D H
    hace 3 años

Josephine, i had the EXACT same problem with my kitchen Brizo luxe gold faucets and was very frustrated and stressed as it was going to hold up my project waiting for replacement. In fact, pieces on the SAME fixture were different colors (slightly, but still noticeable). Qualitybath where I ordered was very good about letting me return it all, and even sent me a second set so that I could pick and choose and keep which pieces might still be ok, but it was all junk, as far as the uneven finish. And I had bought an expensive Brizo air button to match all this and couldn't return that one because I had to source that elsewhere. In the end, I bought a Delta champagne bronze faucet, kept the Brizo luxe gold button and soap dispenser. they all matched, which they shouldnt have, because the Delta champagne bronze from other reviews used to be a slightly different finish than the Brizo luxe gold. because they're both Delta companies, I think they were interchanging them during COVID and still. Brizo claimed that the fixtures were supposed to be like that and that the different parts are supposed to be different colors (WHAT???) This from a brand that wants to be considered "luxury"? Some of the finish in parts were applied very unevenly and darker and lighter in parts, as well as rubbing off slightly when I tried to polish off what I thought were spots. It was horrible and I will not buy Brizo again unless they fix these issues. The polished nickel faucet i bought for a guest bath turned out fine and is a very pretty warm polished nickel so I was excited to get the Luxe gold but it was extremely disappointing. i totally feel your pain and sorry you went through the same thing. I was super upset and the Quality bath service rep was also shocked to hear Brizo's response and was apologetic and tried to help me find replacements.

• mbmorgan40
    hace 3 años

We are installing the Brizo Litze articulating faucet in our kitchen. It is definitely no a yellow or brassy gold tone. It’s more somewhere between brushed nickel and regular Delta line gold. We actually like it and think it matches our decor better but it makes purchasing coordinating pieces tricky. This is a good resource for more information about coordinating Brizo luxe gold: http://theevansedit.com/2020/06/11/brizo-luxe-gold-cheat-sheet/

So if you want a bright, true, almost brass gold, don’t go with Brizo Luxe gold. If you like a more subdued gold tone, then the Brizo luxe gold might be for you.

• mbmorgan40
    hace 3 años

But I have to say, I’m so surprised in the different shades you received between the shower and sink fixtures. The finish of the knob in your hand is definitely what I know to be the true Brizo luxe gold. That difference in coordinating pieces is pretty disappointing at Brizo’s price point.

• cpartist
    hace 3 años

Isn't the gold what they consider a living finish?

• PRO
    Debra Pacoe Interiors
    hace 2 años

I have also had trouble with the Luxe Gold finish and find Brizo's website's representation very misleading...And I have a very disappointed client. I know that the affects of Covid have impacted quality control on every product that I seem to order, but I see that this may not be a new problem.

• Mary Man
    hace 2 años

Brizo luxe gold is beautiful in the showroom but when it arrives it’s very poor quality. Mis-matched and they do NOT stand behind the quality at all. A very expensive tub faucet came damaged which wasn’t noticed until it was nearly installed. Got the run around trying to return and replace. Many of the accessories (towel bars etc) are very expensive and the finish may or may not match. Customer service is not interested in fixing problems, just getting off the phone. They blame quality on covid but most of mine was purchased and has been stored since before covid. Both the before and after pandemic items are equally as mediocre. Don’t bother.

• PRO
    Debra Pacoe Interiors
    hace 2 años

Sorry you had this experience. It is a beautiful finish but I think it should be clearly stated that it does show spots very easily and needs to be maintained daily. Something not everyone would want to do!

• sterling2012
    hace 2 años

Don't buy Brizo. Installed th Luxe Gold Bridge Faucet in our remodel, along with the soap dispenser sold separately. It was gorgeous when it arrived and installed. It was covered in plastic while my kitchen cabinets and walls were being painted. Just removed the plastic yesterday and I noticed that it looks  orange in color. The soap dispenser remained the same color, but the faucet looks like it tarnished.
    I sent an email to customer service and will wait for a reply. I am frustrated. after paying well over 10000

• sterling2012
    hace 2 años

That's well over 1k, not 10k.

• Marianna Martel
    hace 2 años

brizo's finish is beautiful on display, but in actuality shows every fingerprint and looks bad after 1 day, very disappointed

• luvsumrnites
    hace 2 años

ughhhhh.... should have reseached this before my purchase! Bought the kitchen faucet for our new build in the luxe gold along with master bath and guest bath.... now I am stressed to the hilt thinking about the money spend and if it wont look nice!!

• Heather
    hace 2 años

We're building a house and they just installed our powder room faucet. Luxe gold and I was surprised the color isn't like the picture or website! We also have Brizo luxe gold in our kitchen, wet bar and bathroom!

• PRO
    Debra Pacoe Interiors
    hace 2 años

It's a very pretty faucet and levers, however, there does seem to be some variation in the finish. It looked beautiful in the showroom when I ordered it and is still a very popular finish, but does require more maintance than my client and I anticipated.

• Heather
    hace 2 años

Maybe if it's polished with a soft cloth it'll look like the showroom./ online pictures ??

• Christina Martin
    hace 2 años

Currently having the same issue. Purchased Brizo Litze luxe gold for a bathroom remodel - accessories, faucet, shower system, the whole thing. It hasn/t even been used yet and the water stains are awful. And it looks more like dirty gold; AND it's completely plastic! Very disappointed.

• Pm Dorr
    hace 2 años

@Debra Pacoe Interiors just ordered luxe gold litze bridge faucet for remodel and the matching bar faucet wanted gold tones w lighting and hardware but not shiny brass gold thought this color would be a good in between but now concerned from reviews on color being to dark and the mainteance that you mentioned ? and the quality ? i looked at pierre and rowe which is a great brand but didnt have color option unless i went w another finish that would match gold hardware option ? any suggestions ? thank you for any ?!!

• Elana Daniel
    hace 2 años

For those that have installed.. have you reached any resolution yet? If so, how are you handling? With my rough in, tile and wallpaper all completed not sure what options are even realistic at this point. So incredibly frustrating,
    And if you are keeping, any luck with coordinating accessories? TP holder, towel bar?

• Christina Martin
    hace 2 años

I looked everywhere to find accessories that matched this. Could’ve gone in an entirely different direction and brought in a different finish as so many do, but I’m just personally not in love with that look. I ended up ordering the 24” towel bar, toilet paper holder, hand towel bar, and an interesting swivel hook. Spent a small fortune, but it does look really nice all put together. The finish on the accessories is what I hoped the finish would look like on the shower system. Definitely an investment, but solidly built and looks great.

• Derek Bell
    hace 2 años

Has anyone on here found a better alternative to the brizo lux gold? We were about to order kitchen faucet, water dispenser and pot filler but this thread is definitely discouraging us

• NoSpam Received
    el último año
    Última modificación: el último año

”mbmorgan40” was kind enough to post a Luxe Gold cheat sheet upthread. An updated link that works as of May 2022 can be found at https://theevansedit.com/2020/11/11/2020-brizo-luxe-gold-cheat-sheet/.

Will withhold judgement despite the above comments until I have experience with it. I vaguely remember being drawn to how it gave a sense of warmth but wasn’t exactly yellow-gold.

Now that things are the stage for picking out other bits of hardware, I’m hesitant that Luxe Gold will be challenging to work with. The again, my style isn’t exactly matchy-matchy-matchy.

• Christina Martin
    el último año

If you’re not matchy matchy, then that will save you so much time and lots of dough! 🤣 The luxe gold is so unique that I ended up getting the accessories because nothing I put with it made sense in my head, visually. I’m sure with the right creative touch it could be beautiful. Best of luck!

• Kelly Vaughan
    el último año

I just saw the Luxe gold in a new build and it was all spotted up. I was shocked as I was ready to purchase my new build. Now I have to figure something else out. So frustrating!

• Ann
    el último año

Yes, I made the mistake of buying Brizio in a brass finish and it looks so cheap. I am very disappointed. Even when you see these fixtures at the showroom, the lighting makes them appear differently there than in the home. The worst thing is they won't exchange without a huge restocking fee and I feel like everybody else, its too much money! Anyone buying this product and paying such a huge price should be given a refund or better choices. Fees are ridiculous and I had to wait months and months to even get my order. I'm never going back to purchase anything from this store in Gallatin, TN and I will never send a client there, either.

• Kelly Vaughan
    el último año

Ann did you have the Luxe gold or champagne bronze? I’m not sure what to do as the showroom looks so good in these finishes

• Kelly Vaughan
    el último año

Derek what did you go with?

• Ann
    el último año

Kelly Vaughn,In answer to your questions, they mixed Virage and Odin together. The parts seem to be Lux Gold but I thought they were going to be real brass. We wanted the square large shower head and the small one that came with the brand. It just doesn't look good to me. The store didn't have all of the parts so that I would be able to see. I thought this was an entirely different company when I first saw Brizio but it is a Delta brand, trying to look upgraded. They don't tell you this. I want to buy everything over but it is difficult. Once you pick the shower, you are stuck with those valves are sometimes restricted. Then its hard to match everything.

• NoSpam Received
    el último año

Brizo in ”Luxe Gold” in newly remdeled kitchen.

Backdrop is a new Bosch dishwasher probably with plasric film still attached.

Fridge is also same color as dw, so… returned faucet…

involved a significant restocking fee.

• Christina Martin
    el último año

Just wanted to add our pics into this thread. These were installed in July 2021 and weren't used until January 2022. Even then, it's been intermittent, as the house only had guests in it a couple times. For me, it's the shower head and components that bothered me the most. The sink faucet and accessories look a little bit darker in these photos, but look really pretty in person. The only good thing abot the shower components being darker is that it made it easier to match the hinges for the glass surround and handle. It's such a shame because it really is an awesome design. If anyone figures out what products to use to clean these best, please share.

• Kelly Vaughan
    el último año

What have you tried to clean with? Do you have a water softener? So would you recommend not purchasing?

• Mary Man
    el último año

It’s beautiful but I wouldn’t purchase again. We do have a water softener, but they still require almost daily cleaning. More importantly it has been a real battle to get all of the pieces to be the same finish. Replacement pieces have arrived a completely different color.

• alleykat617
    el último año

@christina martin was that the brilliance luxe gold? I just got brilliance luxe gold kintsu-says made using PVD so should not discolor? also water stains are they always there?tysm

• geoandie
    el último año

LUXE GOLD - Help!! We have decided on Brizo LItze Luxe Gold for our kitchen faucet, bar faucet and cold water dispenser. Our order goes in this week, and I just saw this thread. Are the issues with the finishes across all models/collections? Does anyone with Brizo Litze luxe gold have photos or experiences you can share? We are now on the fence regarding our choice of finish. We had planned on the articulated touch-less faucet, "paperclip" water dispenser and curved bar faucet. We could also considered the black with luxe gold accents with our kitchen colors. Last, the "paperclip" appears to only come in Brilliance Luxe Gold, while the other 2 are not "Brilliance". Will there be an obvious difference in the finish if it is next to the articulated faucet?? THANKS IN ADVANCE!! Appreciate any feedback you've had and any additional information you can share, especially photos. Also would love to know more about the Brilliance finish. Is it new? Does it fix the water discoloration issues as it is PVD?? Does it show fingerprints as easily?? https://www.brizo.com/innovation/innovations-for-the-bath/brilliance-finishes

• chispa
    el último año

I used the Brizo Levoir collection in Luxe Gold in my master bathroom and powder room. No issues with it, other than we had to wait 5 months to get the accessories due to covid delays. We have been in the new house 5 months.

I wanted a particular Jaclo shower bar in my master shower and was able to order it in their Caramel Bronze, which is a pretty good match to Luxe Gold. Had to wait months for those too!

Sure they get spotted ... but so does everything else in the shower, specially since my DH uses bar soap. I just went in the bathrooms and easily removed the spotting from the shower controls with a damp paper towel. I wouldn't call that high maintenance. We don't have a water softener yet.

• alleykat617
    el último año

Ok great i dont mind cleaning it as long as it comes off. tysm

• geoandie
    el último año

@chlspa Could you share photos? Is the finish what you expected (color-wise)?

• mswilliamsburg
    el último año

We went with Delta Champagne Bronze fixtures in full bathrooms and kitchen in 2019. They still look like the first day we had them installed. No special cleaning needed. Just wipe if needed. There is also a lifetime warranty on finish. That is not the case with most of the living brass finishes, there are no warranties on finish and most require constant polishing if you don’t like the tarnished, watered spot look.

Always read your warranties and read reviews before you sign the contract!

• Alyson Mettler
    el último año

So I just did a new build and I chose the brizo luxe gold because I felt like it was the best gold color not bronzy. It’s so light I call it pewter with a touch of sun light…. well fast forward if you weeks of living here and I am getting some spotting. (I will say the Delta champagne bronze which I put on my showerhead spots worste than the Brizo). I contacted Brazil but they were not very helpful so I started doing my own research. I bought a product called Flitz faucet wax+. It works fantastic! I would say if you don’t want to compromise on the color just make sure you wipe it down when you can and then give it a little faucet wax and you’re good

• chispa
    el último año

I posted up thread and we've been in the house 9 months now. The Lux Gold fixtures still look the same as they did when first installed. I think the color between mine is pretty consistent, but hard to judge once installed on different surfaces/areas and lighting conditions.

I was aware the finish could vary a bit simply by seeing the samples in the showroom! Some samples looked more champagne and others more coppery.

I have 3 different brands in the master shower, so a slight difference in the finish doesn't bother me. I have Lux Gold 2 thermostatic valve controls, 2 volume controls. These other components in the shower have very similar finishes, Speakman shower head, Jaclo Shower/grab bar, Jaclo handheld shower head and hose, Jaclo shower door handles, Kartners shower and soap baskets.

It would take you a few minutes to notice that the finishes are 98-99% matches instead of 100% and most people would never notice.

• suppendahl
    el último año

Man, it seems that almost every hardware company has problems we cant find quality anywhere!?

• Rachel Bradley
    el último año

I went to Ferguson and had a rep help me pick/coordinate all of our new home build's fixtures. She explained to me that Luxe Gold and Brilliance Luxe Gold are NOT the same and they do NOT match. This may be why people are reporting different colors. Not everyone may catch whether they have the Brilliance or non-Brilliance version of Luxe Gold.

• PRO
    Betsy Locklin
    hace 4 meses

I recently did 2 jobs using Brizo Levoir Luxe Gold and Virage Brilliance Luxe Gold, which are not the same golds. The Luxe Gold is a more brassy, yellow gold, and the Brilliance Luxe Gold is a lighter, more elegant gold. Glad my installers noticed because the tile trim I purchased for both jobs was the same, and did not match the Brilliance Luxe Gold.

• Laura Baer
    hace 12 días

Brizo anything is not worth the money in my opinion. I have Polished nickel and the finish gets spotty unless you take a microfiber towel to everything the minute you turn your shower or faucet off. They are very shady in standing behind their warranties too. Like so,some mentioned they will cause you of using incorrect cleaning products or accuse you of not trying to clean the faucets properly…it’s clearly their talking points with customers. The did finally replace a shower valve component for me the eusatcion plate which had some type of corrosion on it after being in our new build for less than a month. Someone should really bring a Class Action law suit against them. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.