Houzz Logo Print
lital_avnet

marble backsplash with Calcatta Laza counters?!

Lital Avnet
hace 3 años

Hi! We are finishing up our kitchen and I am agonizing over backsplash tile. I originally thought I wanted a white glazed subway tile, but then the white was too bright compared to the countertops. I started looking at 4x12 marble subway tile. I’m just wondering if it will be too busy with the variation of marble veining and then the veining of counters? Please help! Our cabinets are sherwin Williams agreeable gray. I’ve attached a photo of the marble subway tile and some kitchen photos.

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    CYNTHIA E STEWART / Hoffman and Albers Interiors
    hace 3 años

Hi Lital,

I love it! It's not too busy at all. Actually it's pretty subtle, but brings some interest to the backsplash that accents your cabinet. The pattern of the counter top has so much negative space between the veining that the scale of it does not clash with the scale of the subway tile. Good luck!

You can find me under Pros

Cynthia E Stewart

• Lital Avnet
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you Cynthia! I appreciate your feedback and professional advice!

• Design Girl
    hace 3 años

I would NEVER put real marble next to quartz - It makes the quartz scream fake. I'd select a porcelain tile in either white or. gray to compliment the colors in the counters. There are many whites and many grays to chose from.

• eld6161
    hace 3 años

I agree with Design girl, but not so much that one is real and the other not.

For me it’s that I wouldn’t want movement on every surface.

yes to going solid with either gray or white.

my new kitchen is similar and I am going with a gray 3x12.

It’s a Tesoro. It’s lighter in person.

• eam44
    hace 3 años

I agree with @Design Girl that nothing makes faux stone look faux-er than putting natural stone next to it. That said, I’d go with a glazed ceramic tile in a white that matches the counters or a gray that matches your cabinets. This is Fireclay Tile.

• Lital Avnet
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you so much!

• PRO
    CYNTHIA E STEWART / Hoffman and Albers Interiors
    hace 3 años

As far as Quartz with marble I think it depends on how much sparkle is in the quartz. How does it look together? from the picture it looks good. One caution though. the marble would need to be sealed before it is grouted, because of possible staining. Go to MSI. there is a great article on mixing natural stone with Quartz.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 3 años

The only way movement in a top and splash look good together is when they are the same material.

• Lital Avnet
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you, that’s what I thought!

• PRO
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.