Houzz Logo Print
msarge1

what is recommended for landscaping around a 18th c. home?

msarge1
hace 3 años

We are looking for ideas for bushes and landscaping around the perimeter of our 18th century home in Vermont.

Just a Fabulous Place to call Home · Más información

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    Hursthouse Landscape Architects and Contractors
    hace 3 años

Thanks for reaching out. 18th century landscapes are unique. Foundation plantings were minimal. Foregrounds were often iron fences or stone retaining walls at the public sidewalk.

To honor the legacy of your home while bringing it a bit up to date I would consider classic shrubs such as the Annabelle Hydrangea you tagged in this post. Also Bridal Wreath Spirea and Forsythia. French Hybrid Lilacs would be good too.

Please send me photos too.

Best,

Bob

• msarge1
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you so much for your suggestions. We plan to tear out the existing evergreen bushes as they are overgrown. On the south side or left side of the house we will need a bush to cover the propane tanks that are on the outside of the house. This would need to be something that would stay green all year. Are there any choices other than an evergreen? I don’t love evergreens I’m afraid. On the north side we are thinking about replacing the evergreen with hydrangeas.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.