Houzz Logo Print
e_d_10

Show us your views

E D
hace 3 años
última modificación:hace 3 años

Inspired by some photos on another thread I thought this would maybe make for some much welcome lighthearted escapism. 🙂

What do you see looking out from your garden or your bedroom window, balcony or roof terrace or from anywhere in your home?

Would be great to see anything spectacular, modest, weird, wonderful, unexpected or downright shocking.

I’ll start us off showing the view from our balcony, which is actually nothing special and none of the above (modest, maybe 😊) but we’re quite happy with it, considering we’re in an inner-city urban setting.

Comentarios (48)

• User 1
    hace 3 años

Here is a strange panorama of the view at the back! It's sort of squished it in funny because the deck you see at both sides of the photo is actually in a straight line!

• E D
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Gorgeous X3, Gerty. 👌

Btw, is that yellow building yours as well, or your neighbour’s?

I rather like it!

• Sonia
    hace 3 años

Here’s my view (oops my nose is getting longer.......) 😂

• E D
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

La dolce vita? 😂

• User 1
    hace 3 años

E D...the yellow house is the kids :-)

• Sonia
    hace 3 años

Of course E D. My mum’s village in Campania 🇮🇹

• Angie
    hace 3 años

Great idea for a thread E D. I’ll take some photos tomorrow, weather permitting. 😀

• rachelmidlands
    hace 3 años

My views aren’t that exciting tbh. Bloke in the house opposite has taken to sitting on his front yard all day, every day talking to passers by (at a safe distance of course 🙂). But just up the road is the town hall and clock. Taken from sons bedroom window (had to zoom in a bit). Looks a bit eerie in the evening light.

• Angie
    hace 3 años

Here's my view from the kitchen window. 😊 We've taken out a couple of fence panels so we can enjoy the view into the field. Pity there's barbed wire a foot beyond our boundary.

• nmlondon
    hace 3 años

our both front and back gardens are work in progress, we love our views, and the garden is backing onto the park and Hogsmill river (check out Ophelia by Millais, that spot is just a couple miles up fom where we are). plenty of the wildlife too - such a welcoming change after living on 42nd floor in a ( fancy ) apartment in Abu Dhabi ❤

• E D
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

nmlondon, fantastic photos of fantastic view. 👌

I understand your username now, no more London. 😄

• nmlondon
    hace 3 años

@E D Touché! loved it.
    Actually it is my initials and we are back in (Greater) London, for good hopefully, this time - have been nomads since 2005...
    well, back for good at least till our daughter goes to the uni (another seven years)

• Jane Timmins
    hace 3 años

View from my back garden gate

• Luciana
    hace 3 años

E D, I took some photos just for you! Spring is wonderful, all the pictures above are just gorgeous and it soothes me to see so many people taking time to enjoy nature’s beauty.
    We had 3 deers on top of the garden today; unfortunately by the time I got back with my camera, they were gone. There’s a herd of some 20 of them near by, we can see them on the meadow as we drive to the house. Apparently, the retaining stone wall of our cottage was built also to keep deer out of the ‘formal’ garden.

• E D
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Jane, that looks absolutely lovely. Is it a canal or a river?

Luciana, gorgeous photos. And just for me! Haha.

I'm amazed by all your impressive views and please keep them coming, but it would be nice too to also see how the rest of us live. 😂

To encourage, here's my more modest view from my terrace, I mean decking. 😊

• Sonia
    hace 3 años

Pretty garden E D. Here is my real, very modest view from my town garden. Nice view of a couple of garages and a very posh house behind us! Luciana amazing outlook 😊

• Mary Mary
    hace 3 años

Shropshire

• Sonia
    hace 3 años

Saw this on facebook and it was a little bit funny.......

• Jane Timmins
    hace 3 años

Hiya - incredibly fortunate. I’ve a small garden by the River Lea in Hackney - on the Hackney Cut. I moved here three years ago so a young garden.

First Winter

Summer

• E D
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Ah Jane, we’re neighbours!

Well, almost. 🙂

• minnie101
    hace 3 años

E D I saw your post the other day and thought there's no way I'm posting a pic of my totally bare garden and ugly walls (it will be loved at some point!) however I've just gone out to the kitchen and the shadow made me laugh so I had to add it! My thoughts exactly if anyone up there is listening! 😂

• E D
    Autor original
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

MinMir, I actually really like walled gardens and yours may not be quite there yet, but it has the makings of a lovely, magical outside space. 👌 And that rounded door is gorgeous.

Please let me in on the shadow joke. It’s me being dim, I know, but I don’t get it! 🙍‍♂️

• Jane Timmins
    hace 3 años

Hi MinMir or are you Anthony Gormley,
    I agree with ED - great things in your garden - the curving brick paths, the perhaps lilac ? bush and the trees at the back. I wonder how much sun it gets -
    Jane

• PRO
    OnePlan
    hace 3 años

Meteor shower - tried to take a pic but my phone is pants at dark shots - so clipped this from google instead . Going back to bed now !

• minnie101
    hace 3 años

E D I was being inappropriate.. it looked like someone sticking a finger up (although perhaps the shadow had changed slightly by the time I took the photo!)

i love walled gardens too but preferably old brick! It does have promise though, we were going to do it a couple of years ago and then the money got spent on something else!

• Luciana
    hace 3 años

Minnie, it does look like someone’s showing you their (small) middle finger... I wonder what did you do to deserve it? 😜
    E D, I went on my weekly shopping this morning and had to stop to photograph the deer herd. It’s not the best picture, but you can see there’s quite a few of them. And look at that sky...

• minnie101
    hace 3 años

Luciana 😂 Even if I felt so inclined to annoy someone chance would be a fine thing atm!

The views from your house just get even more stunning. Are you living there permanently now?

• E D
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Ah, minnie, yes of course, the finger. 🤦‍♂️

Actually, very appropriate indeed. 😂

Luciana, great pics.

Our wildlife is a little more downmarket.

Foxes and squirrels. And rats. 😄

Here’s my current view from my deckchair.

😊

Edit: I just noticed more wildlife in the middle of the photo. A bee! 😊

• Luciana
    hace 3 años

Minnie, indeed, we have been living at the cottage for about 9 weeks now. We came at the end of February to deal with a few issues, mainly about a new sewage plant 🤢, as we want to replace the existing cesspit, and to meet with the environment protection agency people, who have to do a 2 part survey of wildlife and trees around here before we can even think about asking for planning permission to extend or convert. Which, due to the current situation, will not happen this year.

Anyway, the lockdown found us still here already and, with the exception of getting Iggy to a vet when he got an infected bite on his left shoulder, and weekly food shopping, we haven’t left. To be honest, I’d rather live here than in Cardiff, but hubby still needs to be there at times for his business, even though most of it it’s done online.
    I am very aware of how lucky we are and wish we could do more to help than just donating, but at the moment our contribution is trying to respect all the rules and not be a burden...
    What about your family? I hope they are all well. Also, what’s happening with your next door flat conversion, that’s probably been postponed for now.
    And how is Darcy? I think we should have a pet thread, just to talk about how silly and gorgeous and irreplaceable they are!

• minnie101
    hace 3 años

That must be amazing! Did they give any indication of whether they thought it would be likely or is it just a case of waiting for the outcome of the study? I assume you want to extend the kitchen in some way but what would you do with the unconverted building?

I can see why you'd rather live there, i know it has its potential flooding issues but it is so idyllic next to the river. I would miss shops, restaurants etc but you have the best of both worlds 🙂 Iggy must love it there too (poor him with his shoulder ☹️). I don't know if you watch much tv anyway but it must be much reduced with those views!

We're all good thanks. Been home for 7/8 weeks (losing count now!) as I've got bad asthma so took the decision to isolate myself way ahead of lockdown! I know what you mean, it would be good to contribute in some way, I've thought about about it a few times but am at a loss as to what to do. I know a lot of people are sewing for the NHS but I'm not sure how that would work with wonder web!

The applicant withdrew the application but it also got turned down for Permitted Development. It was worth all the days of research as a previous application from many years was only granted on the basis it remained as offices to protect local residents, yay!

Darcey is good thanks, she's being a pickle as she's only getting an hour walk a day with my husband though and she doesn't enjoy social distancing 😂 Great idea, she always does something every day to make me laugh!

• minnie101
    hace 3 años

Oops, that reply was longer than I thought 😂

• Richard L
    hace 3 años

My garden - apple trees,

The view from the bedroom window in the evening... due West, awesome random sunsets, been here for ~16 months - different every time.

On the edge of Wales

• E D
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Amazing views, Richard. 👌

Great photos. They look like paintings; works of art.

• User 1
    hace 3 años

There's something about the sky atm.... so beautiful!

• Richard L
    hace 3 años

Absolutely +1 on Gerty's comment - usually I would have a few plane contrails high in the sky, heading from UK to the US. Luckily high enough to look interesting without aircraft noise - but it is awesome when evidence of people is not there too.

• PRO
    Oasys Property Solutions
    hace 3 años

This is the view from the office (attached to the house)

• Patrina
    hace 3 años

Locked in, but my rose still to come say hello. View of front garden bed. Would love to go out to do a bit of weeding but some people just feel compelled to come speak to you as soon as you go out the front door.

• Sonia
    hace 3 años

Patrina I haven’t touched my front garden for that very reason. My neighbours are great but I just don’t want them near me! Can you go into your back garden at all, or is that a no no? Such great weather at the moment 💜

• Patrina
    hace 3 años

@Sonia I have been out exactly 3 times since March 18th for this exact same reason. I am working from home so I don't get time during the week. As soon as I go out it's like and invite to chat so I will be going out when the sun goes down #shadygardener. Desperately need to so some deadheading.

• Sonia
    hace 3 años

💜

• User 1
    hace 3 años

A lovely contrast of moody grey skies and vibrant yellow crops!

• E D
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Another work of art. 👌

• E D
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

My current view from my deckchair:

And now laying back:

🤣

• Sonia
    hace 3 años

Haha start another thread E D - View of our knees and garden from a deckchair (other seating allowed)! 😂😂😂

• E D
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Hehe yea, Show Us Your Knees...

🤣

• PRO
    OnePlan
    hace 3 años

I‘m going to be working this evening - so have taken a ‘walk’ break ... in a field ! The view and peace is wonderful ! And it’s only a short walk from my door !

• E D
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

This is my daughter’s view for the next few months.

Not a bad place to WFH. 🙂

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.