Houzz Logo Print
barbara_davis

Looking for Top Of The Line Wood Flooring Manufactures

Barbara Davis
hace 4 años

Hi there, I am usually very good at finding things on the internet, this not so much. I am looking for the best wood flooring manufactures that do wide plank oak flooring of course with the best finish as we have dogs. Thanks So Much Barb

Comentarios (18)

• SJ McCarthy
    hace 4 años

Solid 3/4" thick plank White Oak in Rift Sawn (width to be determined by your location) from specialty mills in the USA or Canada. Site finished with Bona Nordic Seal (gets that whitish silvery look) plus 3 coats of Bona Traffic HD (two layers of gloss + 1 coat of matte or satin). Allowed to fully cure for 10 days (full cure = 5-7 days but a few extra days to fully harden) before moving back in.

Purchase price of materials should be $10 - $15/sf and then cost of labour to install and finish with the top of the line Bona HD Traffic should be you into the $20/sf range.

THAT'S top of the line.

Barbara Davis agradeció a SJ McCarthy
  • Barbara Davis
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you!! Do you happen to know any names of the better mills?

Best,

Barb

• SJ McCarthy
    hace 4 años

Find a local flooring INSTALLER from the National Wood Flooring Association's website (www.nwfa.org). Find the one with the LONGEST wait list (yep...longest = most sought after = most expensive = top of the line installer) and have them over for a consultation.

A high-end wood flooring professional will know all the answers to your questions. Your LOCATION will often dictate mills. And materials and widths and cuts will dictate mills.

The #1 guy closest to you might not specialize in what you want. That means the #3 mill might be the better bet simply because that's their bread and butter.

Tell us where are you located and we will see if we can get some of our High-End manufacturers on here to offer up some details for you.

Barbara Davis agradeció a SJ McCarthy
  • PRO
    WoodCo
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Hello Barb!

We are a high end custom wood flooring manufacturer. We are located in San Antonio, Tx and ship our products all over the USA. We specialize in wide width and long length wood flooring as well as new and reclaimed wood floors. Feel free to take a look at our website - www.woodco.com.

Feel free to contact me with any questions, I look forward to helping you with your project!

Keep safe and stay healthy!

Debbie George

debbie@woodco.com

Barbara Davis agradeció a WoodCo
  • Barbara Davis
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

You are the Best!!!

• chispa
    hace 4 años

Are you looking for pre-finished engineered wood floors or for site finished wood floors?

Barbara Davis agradeció a chispa
  • tarasmom
    hace 4 años

Look into PurezaWood based in Chicago. Beautiful floors!

Barbara Davis agradeció a tarasmom
  • PRO
    Uptown Floors
    hace 4 años

"Tell us where are you located "

Judging from Barb's profile, looks like the beautiful San Diego area. Great climate to live in.

While I'm not a good promoter I have oodles of experience in the industry from installation in my earlier days, small retail store owner (still have one. Open by appt only) factory sales rep to creating my own high quality 3/4 inch engineered line.

Sorry, no 'fashionable' European White Oak, but oodles of hardwood specie selections, plank widths and colors. I do custom coloring as well. My customer base are those that want American made.

See the gallery of jobs

Or over 100 color choices.

Barbara Davis agradeció a Uptown Floors
  • PRO
    Farner Hardwood Flooring Inc
    hace 4 años

I am in San Diego

We custom make floors to order and specialize in European Oak and Rubio Monocoat finishes.

Find my number and call me.

Barbara Davis agradeció a Farner Hardwood Flooring Inc
  • Barbara Davis
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Looking at both pre-finished engineered wood floors and site finished. I know that wood isn't the best for dogs, we had whit oak floors, and they worked great for us, that saying I want the most durable finish, white oak wide 9" plus and long plank's easy to clean. I have included the sample of the floor we like, but I can't find much info on the company, which concerns me. We live near the ocean in CA, and they told us that they engineered are better for our location, in MN, we had hardwood. Also, we don't mind spending more because we are building, and this will be our forever home or until our kids pull a Tony Soprano.

Barb

• PRO
    WoodCo
    hace 4 años

Hello Barbara!

You are correct, Oak is one of the most popular wood floors for high traffic areas. It is a dense wood, so holds up well against wear and it also can be finished to some beautiful shades.

One of the reasons engineered floors are more stable in comparison to a solid wood floor, is because the plywood base is made up of multiple layers which are cross banded. With this engineered wood floor, you have a solid wood core, which kind of defeats the stability benefit of an engineered wood floor.

I don't know much about the Colonial Collection flooring, my guess is they are made overseas. With 7' max length you will have shorter boards, with a wide floor, longer lengths make a huge difference. Our standard length floors are 2'-10' with 70% 7' or longer on the engineered.

Here are two articles that may help

1) https://www.woodco.com/news/solid-vs-engineered-flooring/

2) https://www.woodco.com/news/quality-check-engineered-wood-flooring/

Please call me at 210 298 9663 with any questions, would love to explain more about how to select the best wood floor for your needs and budget.

Keep safe

-- Debbie George // debbie@woodco.com

Barbara Davis agradeció a WoodCo
  • hbeing
    hace 4 años

if you are in Sacramento, CA https://www.waldobowersfloorcovering.com/

Barbara Davis agradeció a hbeing
  • PRO
    hace 4 años

That’s not really an oil finished floor. It is UV cured oil. Not the same. Let us prefinish a floor for you or finish onsite with Rubio Monocoat. We at in North County San Diego and work Corondo Island to Newport Beach.

• PRO
    hace 4 años

We make it ourselves on real French Oak (or we could buy unfinished reclaimed wood from Vintage Timberworks or Live Sawn American White Oak from Saroyan Lumber or Euro Oak from Gallaher. )

• Barbara Davis
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank You!!!!!

• Barbara Davis
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I definitely do not want wire brushed thanks to SJ McCarthy

• trudyz1
    hace 3 años

Hi Barbara! I was wondering what floor you ultimately went with? We are heading down a similar path, and I definitely don't want wire brushed either!!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.