Houzz Logo Print
rhoporter36

flooring and ceiling

rhoporter36
hace 4 años
última modificación:hace 4 años

Hi is this the original flooring in the house? If not could you recommend one like this? and what color is the ceiling?

Hill Street Hacienda · Más información

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Carl Mattison Design
    hace 4 años

Hello. yes the flooring is original to the home. The floor wood is 1905 (approx) Georgia Pine and is referred to now as HEART PINE as it was taken from old large growth pine trees back in the day where it was more dense and red on the inside. You can get new growth heart pine at times but do not use new yellow pine as it has many knots and looks terrible. Where you are, go ahead and look for those who have vintage heart pine or new growth heart pine - while more expensive than yellow pine or even oak, it is lovely. My next thing to say is use new Red Oak if you cannot get the newer heart pine and you can mix Dark Walnut stain with Red Mahogany to get this tone. It works and the oak is a nice hard wood which is great for floors. Good luck!

rhoporter36 agradeció a Carl Mattison Design
  • rhoporter36
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

also is the paint on the ceiling the same as on the walls. Thank you you are always so helpful. I am located in Washington state.

• PRO
    Carl Mattison Design
    hace 4 años

you are very welcome. always happy to help. the ceiling color is actually the same as the trim color, it just looks grayish in the photo. the trim color and ceiling color is Sherwin Williams EIDER WHITE SW 7014

• rhoporter36
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Could you please tell me the color of the walls again

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.