Houzz Logo Print
hlkoncan

Kitchen Renovation in 93 yr. old home

Laura Koncan
hace 4 años

Removed a wall and repositioned to create a large kitchen. First pic before of kitchen(now a mudroom/laundry room) Remaining pics new kitchen.

hlkoncan's ideas · Más información

larger kitchen.

Comentarios (27)

• arcy_gw
    hace 4 años

Very pretty, your choices seem more authentic than the previous remodel. Any idea in 93yrs how many times that kitchen was "updated"?

• Laura Koncan
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thanks for your comment. The kitchen had definitely been "updated" (badly)too many times!! :) I believe the last update was in the 70's. Most of the first floor, including the kitchen(which had 5 layers of floors), had layer after layer of flooring, bulkheads installed, and 2 additions. Previous owners, never removed a layer before adding a layer, resulting in various heights of floors from room to room and different height ceilings from room to room. The house interior, was literally shrinking in on itself.

• arcy_gw
    hace 4 años

WOW you had an archaeological dig!! Fascinating.

• mxk3 z5b_MI
    hace 4 años

Great job on the re-do!

Laura Koncan agradeció a mxk3 z5b_MI
  • rachann61
    hace 4 años

Love the window bench! The brass is pretty. Are you going to introduce some other color through accessories and artwork?

Laura Koncan agradeció a rachann61
  • PRO
    Norwood Architects
    hace 4 años

Awesome! So much better!

Laura Koncan agradeció a Norwood Architects
  • Laura Koncan
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Hi rachann61 Thanks so much for your comment. Yes, I wanted to add a small colourful painting, new counter chairs and a runner but due to the pandemic, we're on hold with our contractor to finish the adjoining family room fireplace front. I'm trying to have one room flow to the other, so want to chose drapery, carpets and art work once the family room is finished. Here is a pic of the adjoining dining room to the kitchen. Pocket doors to small dining room.

• motupeg
    hace 4 años

Lovely!

Laura Koncan agradeció a motupeg
  • rachann61
    hace 4 años

Your plans sound great. Maybe this slow down, if a pandemic could be described so mildly, can give you time to make your choices in a less rushed way. It will give you the ability to know that you have looked at all the options and what you are choosing is what you really want.
    You have great instincts, and we all are learning patience and delayed gratification. Good luck and good health

• rachann61
    hace 4 años

P.S. Those small glass front top cabinets: do they have lighting inside them? If not I highly suggest it. I have them in my kitchen and I just love them. Nothing in them, so they are more like a light fixture thing. I just love the look

• PRO
    PRM Custom Builders
    hace 4 años

This is fantastic, what beautiful work!

Laura Koncan agradeció a PRM Custom Builders
  • Laura Koncan
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you soooo much for your kind words! My kitchen guy was wonderful to work with.

• antmaril
    hace 4 años

Very pretty!

Laura Koncan agradeció a antmaril
  • PRO
    KT tile
    hace 4 años

Awesome job!

Laura Koncan agradeció a KT tile
  • PRO
    FrameMyMirror
    hace 4 años

Wow what a gorgeous kitchen! I love the window bench. Great job!

Laura Koncan agradeció a FrameMyMirror
  • Susan Briand
    hace 4 años

We bought a 162 year old home last Summer. The kitchen had been remodelled ONCE! Thirty five years ago with second hand cabinets. 😱

• ffefer
    hace 4 años

Beautiful!

Laura Koncan agradeció a ffefer
  • PRO
    Purewal Contractors, Inc
    hace 4 años

beautiful work and beautiful before and after

stay safe out there from the virus

• Laura Koncan
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you so much! Stay safe too.

• kodiac23
    hace 4 años

Very pretty!

• PRO
    User
    hace 4 años

So bright! Love the contrast of the light and dark!

Laura Koncan agradeció a User
  • felizlady
    hace 4 años

Really beautiful!

Laura Koncan agradeció a felizlady
  • PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    hace 4 años

Amazing kitchen transformation! Your new kitchen is stunning!

Laura Koncan agradeció a 123 Remodeling Inc.
  • kathiebartel
    hace 4 años

Just beautiful! I especially love the island pendant lights...

Laura Koncan agradeció a kathiebartel
  • Laura Koncan
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you to everyone who commented! I appreciate it so much! I'd like to give a shout out to everyone who contributed and hung in there with us to see tthe project completed. Wayne, Danielle, and the kitchen install crew from Wayne's Custom Woodcraft. Greg Camlis of Camlis Contracting and his guys, Hardwood Flooring install, staining, refinishing: Dennis Pupulin and Carlo, Mahjeb of Creative Stairs and Railings, Stan of Pronto plumbing, Trena of John's Furniture Repair, Philip of UrbanHome, Mike LaFontaine window install. Thank you all!

• PRO
    May Construction, Inc.
    hace 3 años

So beautiful!

Laura Koncan agradeció a May Construction, Inc.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.