Houzz Logo Print
webuser_135166427

Painting fireplace surround

Usuario de Houzz-135166427
hace 4 años
última modificación:hace 4 años

I want to paint our beige resin fireplace surround white - but don’t know what to start! Please can anybody advise what products I am best using and the best process?

Thanks!

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    AL PAINTING
    hace 4 años

hi HU-135166427it's a natural stone, and it looks nice as it is, and is very expensive material so it nice to have one exposed, if you keen to change te colour anyway, you have to seal it first with clear sealer, then prime it and paint it with top coat or two. hope this help.

• PRO
    User
    hace 4 años

Just a thought, are you changing the colour on the chimney breast? If you are changing the colour of the chimney breast to white too, then the fire surround will look good painted white also. It gives a more contemporary look & makes the room look bigger. As the above comment, you may need to seal the stone first. You can also use a chalk based white paint like Rustoleum. You may not need to seal or prime beforehand if using chalk paint but please check before you begin! All the best!

• Sonia
    hace 4 años

I’m all for painting fireplace surrounds normally, but I think your surround is lovely. I’d leave it as it is. 😊

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.