Houzz Logo Print
vaness_ified

Throw pillow accent colour? Which rug do you prefer?

Vaness Ified
hace 4 años

Which rug do you prefer?

1. traditional

2. cream animal print

I know there is a lot of builder beige however we are adding a gallery wall to the wall and a big painting behind the kitchen table.

Accent colour - green or something else?

Comentarios (7)

• jck910
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Your pictures don't show the entire room just individual pieces. Cannot tell from my monitor if the sectional is cream, tan or gray. Personally I don't like the TV over the FP, coffee table is too large: round or oval would be better. Post pictures of the art . I do love the green pillows but the pillows should relate to the art

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 4 años

I like your patterned rug

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 4 años

Rug in last photo with etsy pillows:

• suezbell
    hace 4 años

Not a pro. Prefer a plain rug.

Colors combinations matter but whether the colors are bright/bold or pale/muted does,. too.

If your taste runs to the bright and bold and sassy and adventuresome, almost any bright and bold can be put together in the right style.

If, however, your taste, generally, is more conservative natural/neutral/muted, you might want to stay with muted shades of any/all colors and limit the bold color in the room to one of your favorites.

Blues and grays usually go well together.

Tans and greens usually go well together.

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    hace 4 años

Of the two I prefer the traditional but wish it had more color and pattern. If you are gonna do big on pattern and color a rug is usually the place to do it.

• PRO
    Carolyn Johnson for Ethan Allen in Des Moines
    hace 4 años

I like the traditional rug better with what you have so far. As far as accent pillows, I would need to know what the big picture you are placing in the dining area is. I would take a couple colors out of it, and bring in more pattern.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 4 años

I love the green pillows and IMO a rug with that green in it would be awesome. It would be helpful to see the art but IMO art is not bought to “go “ with a space you buy art because you love it . That coffee table does not work I would look for a 2 piece round glass one

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.