Houzz Logo Print
webuser_68211505

Mixing metals in the kitchen - HELP!!!!

Erica Lynn Design
hace 4 años

I am doing a new home build and stuck on kitchen metal finishes! Kitchen will feature panel covered appliances to match cabinets. Cabinets are BM Chantilly Lace, Island Base is BM Blue Porcelain, counters are Silestone Calcutta Gold, and floors are a light stained white oak wide plank. Original plan was to do Satin Brass hardware/faucet/pendant lights, but now worried I am "over brassing" our kitchen.

What would be best? Open to any other ideas!!!

1. Stick with all brass

2. Brass cabinet hardware and lights, change faucet to Polished nickel

3. Brass lights only, change cabinet hardware and faucet to polished nickel

Comentarios (19)

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    hace 4 años

I don't think it's too much to do all brass. Or, if you prefer, you could keep the satin brass faucets and lighting, then use oil-rubbed bronze for your cabinet hardware. Personally, I wouldn't mix satin brass with polished nickel.

• Kirsten E.
    hace 4 años

With the selections I’m picturing, I like all brass!

• Kristin S
    hace 4 años

What finish will your door hardware be?

• PRO
    Erica Lynn Design
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

All of the interior door hardware throughout the house is satin nickel...really want to incorporate brass in the kitchen. You will only see one door handle (slider to backyard) from the kitchen.

These are the lights we are thinking of...picture light would go in a built in dining buffet area of the kitchen and pendants over the island. The finish is “hand rubbed antique brass”.

• PRO
    Erica Lynn Design
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Lights below

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

All brass. It WON'T mix well with polished nickel. Nope. : ) Don't be afraid of commitment.

• PRO
    Erica Lynn Design
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Would you do a different contrast for the faucet? Or kept that brass as well?

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 4 años

What is your SINK? What is the range, oven etc? If you have stainless on uncovered apps, a stainless sink? Feel free to do a stainless faucet.

Two finishes in a kitchen is PLENTY.

• PRO
    Erica Lynn Design
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Farmhouse Apron Front Sink
    Thermador 48” range
    Fridge and dishwasher will be panel covered

Do you think Emtek Satin Brass will work with the above lights?

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 4 años

I love the warmth of brass..............: )

• PRO
    Erica Lynn Design
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I do too! You may have convinced me! Thank you for your thoughts and pictures, Jan!!

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 4 años

Design is editing and commitment. Never be afraid to say what you "mean" . That means conveying intent, and your message clearly. Wishy washy can kill a great look. Commitment is not the same as overload. . At ALL.

That said? You certainly won't ruin the space with a stainless faucet and sink. I am sure you didn't panel your range or cook top........or ovens : )

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 4 años

I still like the all brass : ) Your lights depend island SIZE and number of lights. Also ceiling height.

• PRO
    Erica Lynn Design
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Island is 6’6...not huge, so will do 2

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 4 años

I'll hope that is the large..............the medium is only 7.5 wide. TOO small, even on 78 inches.

Robinson Large Pendant

Designer: Thomas O'Brien $1,149.00

Item TOB5753

Specifications

Height: 19.5" Width: 11.75" Chain Length: 6' Canopy: 4.5" Round Socket: E26 Keyless Wattage: 75 A

• PRO
    Erica Lynn Design
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Yes, it’s the large!

• suezbell
    hace 4 años

It's "style" vs. durability to me. Personally prefer all stainless steel / chrome ... silver colored. Stainless steel is unlikely to either rust or discolor as some brass plated and other metal finishes can and, in my opinion, looks every bit as good ... but then, I'm no pro.i

• PRO
    Window Treats Inc.
    hace 4 años

Keep it all brass. It will be beautiful!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.