Houzz Logo Print
txlady1

wallpaper versus plain paint

Lane S
hace 10 años
I had planned to tile my guest bathroom. (shower and walls). however, I cannot make a decision on the tile and since tile is a long term commitment I want to put it off. I like the look of wallpaper but friends say I am crazy with that idea. What are your thoughts? Also instead of tiling my shower which is set up for tile - I am considering installing those surround walls from Lowes or Home Depot thinking I can always take them out later if I find a tile design I like. I love the tile but with so many designs to pick from I cannot make a decision and need my bathroom back.

Comentarios (7)

• PRO
    Reinvention Intentions LLC
    hace 10 años
    If you desire wallpaper because of the variety of patterns, colors, and designs, you may want to consider wall stencils. Cutting Edge Stencils has a lot stencil categories to choose from. There are other companies as well...
  • Lane S
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thank you for your response. I thought of painting but I never see paint jobs that look like the pictures. I assume that is because most people do not take the time to prep the walls correctly? I hired contractors to paint my living room and i did have a light gray wall before and they just painted right over it. Do you think this is why the walls look dull to me? We used good paint (Behr)
  • leelee
    hace 10 años
    Of course they painted over the light paint. Unless I'm missing something that's what any painter would have done. Only if the walls had been a super dark color would they have covered the old paint with something before using the new paint color.

Your walls might look dull because you chose a flat vs a satin finish. Not that flat is bad but it sounds as if you were expecting more of a satin finish.
  • apple_pie_order
    hace 10 años
    If you have trouble deciding on tile now, you may not make up your mind after you put in shower surrounds. I agree with Sweetwater Builders comment: choose something simple such as plain white tile in a classic subway pattern. Most of your ideabook photos show vintage style bathrooms with pretty simple tile. The wall tile on this photo in your ideabook is a good example of classic (the floor tile is not a classic).
    Powder Room · Más información
  • Lane S
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    How do you think a border would look? too much for subway?
  • PRO
    RENOVATIONS GROUP, INC
    hace 10 años
    A border would be a nice addition and not overwhelm the tile. You're doing it right!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.