Houzz Logo Print
michfschofield

what materials for the facade? what would you keep or change?

Michelle
hace 10 años
hi everyone. attached is an architect drawing of our new front facade - we are adding a third storey to our townhouse (existing building photo attached) and pushing forward the whole building by 1 metre.
The architect has suggested windows to run the whole height of the building and potentially either a wood (I'm a bit worried about upkeep) or a render finish.
I'd like some interesting - I'm worried that a simple brick or render finish may make the building look like an apartment block... so would love some ideas.
I'd also love feedback on the design - we only received one option and I really don't know how to judge whether this is an appealing design or not!
Many thanks!!

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Functional Steel Objects
    hace 10 años
    corrugated metal painted. where is the location?
    Michelle agradeció a Functional Steel Objects
  • Michelle
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    we're inner bayside in Melbourne, Australia - a couple of kilometres from the city
  • houssaon
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    I think "render" is stucco in the US. Will the floors be visible? Here is one lots of glass:
    Chesapeake St. Residence · Más información

Here are some photos to refer to:
    Elsie Street · Más información
    Stein Residence · Más información
    and
    Kaplan Wright House LA · Más información

I think stucco and wood with the glass would really look good. One of the reasons I like the stucco option is because it seems the neighbors have it. So you house will not be a huge departure. Of all of the above photos I like the Elsie Street one, were there is wood between the floors. This wood is probably stained and should not present a major up-keep issue, since a good stain on a cedar should last 10 to 15 years, before it need to be redone.
    Michelle agradeció a houssaon
  • gemstar64
    hace 10 años
    I like the idea of the metal (run vertically). Low maintenance too and cool!
    Michelle agradeció a gemstar64
  • PRO
    Michelle agradeció a Dytecture
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.