Houzz Logo Print
marinagaye

Shower room tile ideas please.

Marina
hace 4 años
última modificación:hace 4 años

We´ve decided to renovate this bathroom a little at a time as we can´t afford to do it all in one go. We are starting with taking out the bath and shower and redoing that part.

The photo I´ve shown is similar to what I have in mind although the floor will be one large, white tray rather than a wet room type finish. The shower area will go from where the side of the bath is now (next to the toilet) and right across to the opposite wall, so quite large. There will just be one large fixed glass screen, no door. We´ll be going for the seat along the back wall and I like the idea of having a plant, like the photo.

I´m struggling with ideas for tiles. I do like lots of white but the room is so big I think it needs something else. I´m sorry about the photo of the tiles. I´m just looking at the middle bit, not the patterned tiles above and below. The photo doesn´t do justice to the colours. It is a mix of soft blue, grey, white and almost a touch of silver. My OH insists it would be overpowering to cover the whole of the back wall of the shower so I´m wondering if just a band or two of this across the width would look good? What about the seat? Keep it plain or tile with this? The tile is appx 66 x 33 cm. I would then need something of the same size to tile the rest of the bathroom but I can´t imagine what really apart from that I really like white. If I have a band of this tile in the shower should we continue it around the rest of the room? We´ll be buying all the tiles in one go so they are ready for phase two.

The fittings in the shower will be chrome, not black.

The blue areas on the plan that aren´t named are pillars.

I would really appreciate ideas and thoughts please as I´m feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Bathroom · Más información

Bathroom renovation · Más información

Brooklyn Townhouse · Más información

Comentarios (11)

• Marina
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you.

• PRO
    Tower Ceramics Ltd
    hace 4 años

I think a band of the blue tile around the wall would be nice as it would add colour, Especially if you are going for white everywhere. The options you have would be to use small white bricks as the picture above or go for an off white tile closer to the size of the blue piece.

• Marina
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you.

• Carolina
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

I would (if the tile stripes line up) do the back wall that has the shower and the bath on it with the striped tiles, but put them in vertically. Since I'm not a huge fan of corner baths (they always look dated to me) and you have space for a free standing tub, I think, I'd go for something like this...

But, if you go for the plan you have now, I still think that the back wall in the striped tiles will look modern and not overpowering if you keep the rest fairly plain.

Rénovation complète d'une villa de 300 m² · Más información

Contemporary Bathroom · Más información

• Marina
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you. It helps to see those pictures. The corner bath is definitely going. It came with the house and we´ve never used it. We are thinking of just a large shower area and no tub.

• claudiadecesaris
    hace 4 años

I personally think that a white bathroom would be the perfect fit and would actually help the space to look more open and full of light :)

• Mary Brady-Maguire
    hace 4 años

I'm prob late to this discussion!! Just to say I've had a white bathroom for 20 yrs, with 550mm boarder tile (grey, black, white coloured) at picture rail level, c.400mm from ceiling (2700). Floor is white with black tile surround. To this day I have never tried of it...North facing room! It always feels fresh. Good luck with project.

• PRO
    iSi Sanitaire
    hace 4 años

Hey Marina,

A room entirely made of why could be oppressing. Do not hesitate to add a bit of fantasy. Nevertheless, even if you turn everything white, you could still add this fantasy through the furniture and accessories. You may want to check this article as it gives further ideas for tiling. https://superbath.co.uk/blog/inspirations/contemporary-bathroom-ideas/

• Marina
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you.

• Mary Brady-Maguire
    hace 4 años

***correction...the boarder I mentioned is 50mm NOT 550...my silly thumb!!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.