Houzz Logo Print
sweeksy

Breakfast Nook Dilemma

Stacy
hace 4 años

Wanting to “zhush” up our breakfast nook/dining room but not sure where to start...

Comentarios (6)

• chiflipper
    hace 4 años

Bump.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 4 años

Here's my suggestion for your room. Paint the walls a neutral color but accent the bottom with a raffia straw like color to contrast the chairs.

Select a larger bronze chandelier for the room with shades

Select a dark straw or color to match the chairs for your drapery panels

Accent with dark framed botanical prints and create a decorative plate display for your large wall.

• PRO
    KR Kitchen Remodeling, LLC
    hace 4 años

My daughter painted her dining room the same color and at first I was a little taken back with the brightness of it. However, she and kids spend a lot of time in that room (she's studying and they're playing) and it's warm and certainly bright. You're back wall is calling to me - I don't like the curtain and heavy rod going across the back. I'd love to see something light and gauzy that is above the arch and down the sides - not a rod but corbels. The art is nice but too big for that wall - see how they play together on the right wall that has nothing on it - try hanging high & low vs side by side. I'd also invest in a nice area rug in a print that complements the art - I just saw something on line...

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

The very first thing you should do is take down those curtains, they are not in favor of the room or the window itself, I think you would be surprised how much that would change the room alone.

If you wanted a simple change you could also add lamp shades to your chandelier, this would add some weight to it and give it a little more fullness.

Then, I would take the two pictures flanking the window and put them paired on the long empty wall.

Painting the room, though an undertaking would really give you the most bang for your buck!

What do you think your budget is to make some changes?

• PRO
    Jenni Leasia Interior Design
    hace 4 años

A round table and lower backed chairs might be more inviting as well, but I do agree that removing the curtains is step #1. Wall color #2. Swapping out the light fixture #3 can also create a very dramatic visual change - lots of bang for your buck.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.