Houzz Logo Print
pattismcgee

Master bath remodel

P M
hace 4 años

Sequence of pictures a bit off but I think you can figure it out!!

Comentarios (53)

• P M
    Autor original
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Hahaha!! I like it too. Thank you. You have to put a foot out to get the towel but doesn't bother me to do so.

• sheepla
    hace 4 años

Nice. I really like your vanity.

P M agradeció a sheepla
  • PRO
    KT tile
    hace 4 años

Looks awesome!

P M agradeció a KT tile
  • Sammy
    hace 4 años

Beautiful. I’m very jealous of all the natural light you get in there, especially between the sinks! Would you mind listing the sources (tile, vanity, lighting, faucets, decorative hardware, paint colors, etc.)?

P M agradeció a Sammy
  • P M
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Sammy-Thank you . I am happy to list the sources;

Tile: Daltile white cararra 12x24, 3/4x12 m701,2"x12 m701 and 11x12 carrara white/gray dot for shower wall. Daltile 24x24 Dl28 black for bathroom floor. 12x24 Dl 27 dark gray for shower wall and shower floor. Grout colors #19 pewter and #115 platinum.

Infinity linear shower drain

Vanity and vanity mirrors: Custom

Lighting : Kohler Artiifacts collection for vanity lights. There are 4 recessed ceiling lights equally spaced in the ceiling and one ceiling "spotlight" to highlight the tile in the shower. There are two additional "nightlights" each mounted on either side of the shower that I believe are Hudson steplights

Sinks: Kohler k-5400-0 Iron plains wading pool

Toilet: Kohler memoir

Tub: Fleurco Voce petite BVO5531-18

Vanity top and shower ledge: Honed carrara marble

Shower sill: Premium Black leathered granite

Faucets for sinks, tubfiller and shower hardware: Kohler Artifacts collection

Towel bars,ring and toilet paper holder: Kohler Artifacts collection

Vanity drawer pulls: Top Knob Kent pull (TK 1005 PN) which is 7 9/16 inches long

Hard-wired magnification mirror: Nameeks AR7702

Wall paint: Benjamin Moore Ashwood Moss 1484

Shower glass towel hook: Portals Taiga Single square robe hook TAG81128.618

Shower door handle and hinges:CR Lawrence SGCOF90PN,SGCUIPN,ViE037PN

Thanks for your interest. Please let me know if there is any other info you would like. I paid painstakingly exact attention to every single detail so happy to answer any other question!!!

• Lane House
    hace 4 años

Nice upgrade. Does the lack of curtains/shades mean you have no neighbors? ;)

P M agradeció a Lane House
  • P M
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

We live on about 3 wooded acres. We do have neighbors but it would take some effort to see in our windows especially in the summer. Currently if it is dark I shower with just the nightlights. I probably will install discrete shades similar to https://www.screeninnovations.com/shade/nano-roll/. I like the current clean look so that is why I am thinking a minimalistic shade but open to other Houzz community suggestions.

• suzanne_m
    hace 4 años

That is absolutely gorgeous! and I love your vanity! Congratulations!

P M agradeció a suzanne_m
  • P M
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Suzanne_m: THANK YOU!! You have given some great advice to Sue430!!

• Erin S
    hace 4 años

So beautiful

P M agradeció a Erin S
  • PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    hace 4 años

Looks awesome! Can you show us a picture of the towel warmer?

P M agradeció a OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
  • Steph H
    hace 4 años

Nice!

P M agradeció a Steph H
  • jjaazzy
    hace 4 años

Have you tried looking in from the outside with someone in the shower? I don't think they would really be able to see you if you were standing towards the controls. If so maybe you could get away with long sheers next to your shower glass on either side of the shower pulled out about afoot. Then you don't disrupt the view but you have your privacy. We had a very large window in my last shower and I loved being able to see out over the lake. I did put up a sheer over the bottom half of the window so I could still see out.

P M agradeció a jjaazzy
  • P M
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Angry rooster- great idea!! I don't think anyone except maybe one neighbor if they stood in the woods in the dead of winter could see into the shower. But I will experiment in all seasons. Certainly in the summer the only way anyone could see in the bathroom at all would be if they were in our driveway.

• P M
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

OTM-thank you!

The towel warmer is located in the bottom drawer of the vanity.

• suzanne_m
    hace 4 años

I saw that in another discussion you posted a close-up of the controls of your shower. I noticed that instead of the niche, you opted for a shelf. It looks very nice and it is also smart as it make it easier to clean. :)

• P M
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Hi Suzzanne_m-Thank you!! Like many others, a leak in our prior shower was the impetus for embarking on the remodel so we were very cautious about trying reduce the risk of leaking. Also, the shower controls are on an exterior wall so we built a false wall to house the controls. We would have had to make the false wall deeper if we wanted a niche. The shelf ledge made much more sense. I love it!! It is hard to appreciate in the photos I have but I was able to use mouldings under the shelf that add alot of dimension and finished look which I also love.

• PRO
    PRM Custom Builders
    hace 4 años

Beautiful space and the towel warmer is awesome!

P M agradeció a PRM Custom Builders
  • suzanne_m
    hace 4 años

You are very much into details! That is why your bathroom looks so beautiful :)

• P M
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Suzanne_m-thanks!! I kind of drive myself and others crazy with my details but it really paid off as i am very pleased with the bathroom!! i appreciate your opinion.

• suzanne_m
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Talk to my husband about being stubborn on what I want! But at the end, he always says that is was worth it :)

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    hace 4 años

Awesome renovations. Love the shower, the tub, the flooring. I like the vanity but might have selected a different tone of wood. It does provide a nice contrast thought. Great job!

P M agradeció a Norwood Architects
  • P M
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thanks Norwood Architects!! I got the suggestion for the vanity wood tone from the Daltile showroom. It was not probably what I would have thought of but am super pleased with the feel it gives to the room. Total glam in that bathroom would not have fit with the rest of our house and I also really love the contrast.

• PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    hace 4 años

Beautiful bathroom transformation! It looks stunning!

P M agradeció a 123 Remodeling Inc.
  • plf12652
    hace 4 años

I would feel rather exposed in that shower.....sort of like being in a fishbowl.

• kippee
    hace 4 años

For your windows you might look into cellular shades. Hunter Douglas, Bali, Graber all make them (Costco often has sales on Bali and Graber). You can get bottom up as well as top down. When pulled all the way down or up they take up about an inch or inch and a half. You can get light filtering--not room darkening, so even with the shades down the room is not dark. I've had them for years and love them.

P M agradeció a kippee
  • PRO
    Vanguard Development NYC
    hace 4 años

Wow!

P M agradeció a Vanguard Development NYC
  • PRO
    Little Women Relics
    hace 4 años

If you don't mind (I'm thinking of doing a whole bathroom remodel) appro. how much did this cot?

P M agradeció a Little Women Relics
  • Barbara Davis
    hace 4 años

Love It!!

P M agradeció a Barbara Davis
  • P M
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Lisaabz-let me do some quick ballpark calculations tomorrow and I will get a number for you.

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    hace 3 años

I still say it's a cool bathroom with a great shower!

P M agradeció a Norwood Architects
  • PRO
    May Construction, Inc.
    hace 3 años

So gorgeous!

• P M
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thanks so much May Construction
    !!

• lindaspradling
    hace 3 años

Beautiful

P M agradeció a lindaspradling
  • P M
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you Linda!

• PRO
    KT tile
    hace 3 años

Looks awesome! Great job!

• P M
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you Kt tile.

• senab
    hace 3 años

Look up zebra tile shades, ( no they aren't zebra pattern) I am sure you will like them they are very beautiful in person.

• evierh
    hace 3 años

I'm considering a master bath remodel, because the corner garden whirlpool tub takes up too much space (and water), but isn't long enough to really stretch out. The trend seems to be towards free-standing tubs, but frankly they seem very inconvenient .. where do you put all your products .. shampoo, conditioner, soap, facial cleanser, etc.? For the heck of it yesterday, I compared the cost of conventional 65-66" bubble jet/whirlpool tubs & similar free-standing ones, and the free-standing tubs also cost twice as much! Any feedback on whether free-standing tubs are just a trend that will vanish in a few years, or will last, and what's an elegant way to deal with products so they're convenient while bathing?

• P M
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

I hear you astraea. I have no idea whether they are a trend but agree they are pricey. I am enjoying the aesthetic of mine presently and felt it was the best choice for my room. I had considered having a stool out permanently as some people do to hold my products but decided I like a more open uncluttered look so currently i have an adjustable height stool I keep in my closet that i use when I spend alot of time with my hair and/or makeup at the vanity or take a bath. I place it next to the bathtub. I also will probably have my husband make 2 shelves out of some barnwood we have as well as a bath caddy to place over the tub. Then I probably will use the caddy. Hope that helps.

• PRO
    Badeloft
    hace 2 años

beautiful!

P M agradeció a Badeloft
  • PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    hace 2 años

Gorgeous!

P M agradeció a OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
  • jtkaybean
    hace 2 años

Beautiful I love that vanity! Is it white oak?

• P M
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Hi! Thank you very much. The vanity is stained maple.

• jtkaybean
    hace 2 años

Thank you so much for responding! It’s funny,I just told my cabinet maker I decided against Maple because I was reading on here how difficult it was to stain lol. This is exactly the vanity I want
    Guessing a natural stain was used?

• P M
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Justjill-Minwax stain. The color was either provincial or early American.

• PRO
    FrameMyMirror
    el último año

Wow it looks amazing! Great job!

P M agradeció a FrameMyMirror
  • PRO
    Aardvark Architecture
    hace 9 meses

Looks fantastic, quite light filled.

• PRO
    FrameMyMirror
    hace 9 meses

Stunning!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.