Houzz Logo Print
houzz

POLL: Which type of home best describes your dream house?

Houzz
hace 4 años

When you think of your dream house, what are you dreaming about?

VOTE and tell us about it in the comments!

Farmhouse Exterior · Más información

Cozy Cottage
Rustic Cabin
Glamorous Mansion
Beach House
Modern Farmhouse
Urban Loft
Other - Tell us about it!

Comentarios (170)

• Usuario de Houzz-486362426
    hace 4 años

Me and my New Boyfriend Are Willing To Get it Together and Having A Big Opening Party To have fun with

• petunia56
    hace 4 años

Live in a suburban city in a traditional but fully renovated to contemporary 2-storey walkout and also own a very spacious more “rustic contemporary” retreat the mountains.
    Building out a Prairie-style Contemporary home , ready in July/August.

• petunia56
    hace 4 años

This is the home

• Nancy
    hace 4 años

Restored Historic

• kathy_huegel
    hace 4 años

Inches from a warm sandy beach I could live in anything❤️

• Averil Daniels
    hace 4 años

Beach house because I grew up close to a beach. It’s alway my dream to have that airy feel at home.

• Cynthia Hert
    hace 4 años

Old World English style!

• Nancy S.
    hace 4 años

Spanish Mediterranean.

• mlcea
    hace 4 años

Mid Century Modern

• YoYo Schubert
    hace 4 años

Happy Canyon Pavilion Project · Más información

• Susan Wilcox
    hace 4 años

Exactly where i am now. Could be a little bit bigger but we live in a lake

• Marissa Brown
    hace 4 años

Victorian with original, unpainted woodwork!

• B T
    hace 4 años

Cave? (just kidding!)

• LaTarra Woodring
    hace 4 años

Modern rustic ranch, 1 story or rustic mid century modern

• petunia56
    hace 4 años

Susan Wilcox...you live on an island?... “in a lake”? 😉 🌴

• Parker Loveless
    hace 4 años

A two story all brick transitional home with a main floor master suite, large great room, screened in porch, attached three car garage, oak hardwood floors every where but the bathrooms. Btw 4 bedrooms, 5 baths, finished basement with arcade and home theater handicap accessible and an elevator. stained glass windows, geothermal heating systems for the house and indoor pool. The pool cover would double as a basketball half court.

• Anne Cleary
    hace 4 años

I love a rustic cabin....vaulted ceilings, warm wood accents, huge open fire and loads of snow outside!

• jmm1837
    hace 4 años

It's interesting - some people's dream homes would be other people's nightmares. ;-)

• Judy Giovanni
    hace 4 años

Craftsman

• Judy Giovanni
    hace 4 años

Vintage craftsman with dark wood. I just purchased a small restored craftsman I’ll be closing on in March

• adriancole
    hace 4 años

This is my dream home

• Mel Whitson
    hace 4 años

Contemporary architecturally designed sustainable home.

• Karen Irwin Carey
    hace 4 años

Mid- Century renovated.

• Jane Jetson
    hace 4 años

In the process of building our 2500 square’ house in Vermont. Decided to finally go for it. My husband and I can afford our retirement and I’m not leaving my children anything except 275 acres, a farm, house, a carriage house apartment along the Battenkill River with ‘no developement’ clause. All monies go to charity. Sometimes we do get to live in a perfect world. As perfect as we can make it.

• PRO
    Jerry Reed
    hace 4 años

MINIMALIST PASSIVE HOME
    One storey, three bedroom 2,200 sf home with 9.5 foot ceilings , level 5 drywall finish painted with Benjamin Moore Decorator White in a Matte finish, with eight foot frameless doors with German concealed hinges and lock set, KITCHEN: galley style smaller than is customary, not for entertaining , quartz surfaces, induction cooktop with refrigerators below counter height. With view of garden. FLOORING: radiant heat in floors, metal roof and lots of lighting for wall art. BATH: Bidet and adult height toilets. Sited above the grade, home not visible from the street in a small village where I can walk out from my home directly on sidewalks. House number to be of Richard Neutra numerals in a white finish lighted from behind on a white stuccoed plinth at the street. Very formal graphical design of extensive evergreen landscaping where the accent plantings would be white and purple changed seasonally. Lawn area and plantings to be irrigated. Must be built by Joseph Shea of Essex, CT. To be completed and occupied by my lovely wife and I for at least five years before I die.

• PRO
    Jerry Reed
    hace 4 años

Yes

• Kathleen Westfall
    hace 4 años

I like the idea of Mediterranean but single story please.

• ulauren2
    hace 4 años

A cozy cottage with squeaky floors, adorable dormers and window seats for reading. A fireplace you can drink wine in front of. But it would have to have a spacious enough kitchen to fit the family in and a view to the tv of course! Surrounded by a yard full of flowers.

• alenas
    hace 4 años

A vintage farmhouse with a beautiful country view , renovated with an open floor plan and modern decor

• Barbara Ward
    hace 4 años

My dream house would be a 220” sq foot ranch with a finished basement. I dream of having the main section with a porch and the right side would have a 2 car garage and a 1 car workshop. I would want big sliding glass doors on the back to bring in my Mountain View with the open concept built around the view. I would love high ceilings and a big fireplace. At least 2 bedrooms and a bathroom on the opposite side of the master and an en suite. The kids could take over the basement with a game room a bedroom or office plus a bathroom but a fireplace to knock off the winter chill.

• printesa
    hace 4 años

Barbara, are you sure about the size? 220" sq ft would be a tiny house..definitely no space for bedrooms and bathrooms

• Barbara Ward
    hace 4 años

Thank you that should have been 2220 lol

• Barbara Ward
    hace 4 años

I have a dream house in my mind but I didn’t read the size before I posted it so it would be 2220 square feet

• Helen Hart
    hace 4 años

Ranch House, a real ranch house. Think Henry Hooker Ranch house in the movie Tombstone.

• Me Nejst
    hace 4 años

I have rented a little 93m2 House. The layout is perfect for me and my kid. Maybe a little to Big.
    Have bad hips so cleaning is a bit hard.

• gwgcc2000
    hace 4 años

Modern Rustic with soft, neutral, no maintenance decor to focus on family & friends & making memories. All one level, no steps, radiant-heated concrete floors. All sliding doors, sliding barn doors, pocket doors. Infinity pool you can see over when you walk in the entry doors to the view. Courtyard with two guest suites separate from main house. Glassed Wine Cellar on two levels with spiral down that opens onto vineyard. Every suite has indoor & outdoor showers. :-} Large 14’ high gallery down center with 12’ dining table, safari chairs, fireplace & round breakfast/game table. Open to kitchen & master sitting area with exposed I-beams but can close off master with sliding doors when company present. Building it now on 80 acres with a forever wine country, mountain & pond view. 3,000sqft.

• Jill Cline_Snyder
    hace 4 años

Craftsman style home with LOTS of windows and built-ins

• Tammy Lawhorn
    hace 4 años

i am living in it now, i used to dream about it and by the grace if God it is reality today!!

• marrymaid
    hace 4 años

Hey, Tammy. Hope you are doing well. Many miss you!

• teamaltese
    hace 4 años

My dream home is a minimalist white, glass and concrete cube on the ocean with large rooms and high ceilings. My husband's is a small cottage with few rooms and small spaces. There’s no compromise, as there’s no common wants. So we both make do, and are happy with what we’ve got.

• Jenn Gentile, Realtor©
    hace 4 años

A beautiful, smaller home, on or near water. Our retreat...but built with family and friends in mind! The more the merrier! As long as I have my love close, we build it together, and can picture grandkids running around inside.

Oh and a fireplace. Even at the beach! Need a spot for the stockings and Santa! ;)

• Jamie
    hace 4 años

A loft in New York, Soho or Tribeca for me.

• Allyssa Blauvelt
    hace 4 años

Tiny house on a big piece of land! ❤️

• havana
    hace 4 años

My dream house is a 4000 square foot one floor home. Modern farmhouse. Rustic kitchen with pecky cypress on the ceiling. Large windows overlooking the backyard pool & lake. Several bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. Huge master bedroom closet with built ins.

• denisecarrison
    hace 4 años

Single story modern Mediterranean keeping the warm colors in mind.

• Chelsea
    hace 4 años

My dream house is an old colonial salt box style! 9 windows with a central chimney, beams inside and super wide wood plank floors. I live in New England and it makes my heart sing every time I pass one!

• Bev
    hace 4 años

My Cape Cod, that was built in 1945! It's the perfect size for my hubby and I (we need specific areas and rooms for sewing/quilting and woodworking). The details and quality workmanship are second to none. You would have to pay a fortune to have a house built like this, specially the beautiful hardwood floors and kitchen cabinets.

• anneinthegarden
    hace 3 años

Ranch, mid-cen-mod, lots of big windows and light, really modern and roomy.

• angelkins7
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

I'm a Minnesotan who loves art, design, other cultures and history...so for me: a Lake House vibe, (which is sort of a dressed up cabin feel) with a relaxed, traditional elegance and touches of colorful, patterned inspiration from other cultures--a bit boho, but more timeless than trendy. My practical side loves a walkout ranch style (or as we say in MN, a walkout rambler) on a lot with mature trees.

• Toronto Veterinarian
    hace 3 años

My dream home for my dream life, or my dream home for my actual life?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.