Houzz Logo Print
jbavinton

I love this! Are they fired earth tiles? Beautiful colours

jbavinton
hace 4 años
But... i’m Wondering how practical Wood is for a surface? I assume you have to compromise function for beauty here? It’s such a lovely kitchen thanks for sharing.
Horton Road · Más información

Comentario (1)

• PRO
    Finch London
    hace 4 años

The tiles are from Mosaic Del Sur on Broadway Market in East London. They are super helpful and have a huge selection to choose from.
    Wooden worktops do require a bit of upkeep but if you oil it regularly at the beginning you should build up a good bit of resistance.
    Basically the fitter should do 4/5 coats of something like Osmo oil once it’s been installed. Then if you do it a month later, then 3 months later, then 6 months later and eventually once a year or whenever it looks dry. And of course pay the most attention around the sink as it can rot if left to dry out. Think of it as a living thing - it needs feeding! The oil will make it waterproof and help to heal any marks.
    Just remove everything off the work top, clean it then rub it down with oil and lint free cloth. Ideally at night so it’ll be dry in the morning and you can put everything back.
    Hope that helps!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.