Houzz Logo Print
ocius1

Incredibly poor taste

Scott
hace 4 años

Who ok’d the use of this photo with skills stacked in the fireplace? It’s unbelievably insensitive. Have you fill it heard of the Holocaust or the killing fields? Shame on you. Shame on Houzz for allowing this content.

Beverly | 2018 · Más información

Comentarios (22)

• DCF-Z6A
    hace 4 años

It's a photo of someone's house who clearly doesn't share your taste (nor mine). On face value, it has ZERO to do with the Holocaust - or genocide, suicide, mass shootings, abortion or wars. Someone is just into skulls.

• pipthepiper
    hace 4 años

Scott are you ok? Need to talk to someone?

• PRO
    Coats Homes
    hace 4 años

Hi Scott and thank you for your feedback. Our intent with any photo is never to offend or make someone feel uncomfortable. We respect your feelings and recognize that the common use of skulls in fashion and design do not suit the taste of everyone and are subject to preference. We apologize for the way that these decorations have made you feel. In this case, the use of skulls is not used to represent any part of history or activity of any kind, but rather, an artistic design choice correlating with the other skull feature in the room. Coats Homes recognizes the horrific history of the Holocaust and this project is not in any way making light of or representing any part of that event or any other historic or current event period. We hope you can continue to enjoy our projects and enjoy viewing photos on Houzz.

• PRO
    Tradewinds General Contracting, Inc.
    hace 4 años

Love the pic. Please keep up the good work.

• joahaz
    hace 4 años

I did not notice the skulls at first glance but it is far from good taste and truly offensive. Skulls represent dead people who were not given a proper burial. Desecrating a grave was tabu in the Bible, which I totally agree with.

• pipthepiper
    hace 4 años

Wait. You totally agree with desecrating graves? Your sick joahaz!

• joahaz
    hace 4 años

NO I don’t. I agree with the Bible which is totally against disturbing the dead. Even archeologist should not disturb graves. I thought I said that in 4 different ways...

• pipthepiper
    hace 4 años

You basically said you’re totally down to do some grave desecrating. I’m super offended.

• Cathy Gardner
    hace 4 años

I think the room is beautiful. I also love skulls, including sugar skulls do not think of them as anything but decor.

• RedRyder
    hace 4 años

I think it’s best to move onto another story when you see decor that offends you. I think the painting is just ugly, and the overall room is ruined by it. The room, without it, would be rather elegant.

• amherstcottage
    hace 4 años

Joahaz get your face out of the Bible and educate yourself on how "religious" people have decorated with bones

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capuchin_Crypt

• Kelly Bebee
    hace 4 años

I love the room! Skulls represent many different things in different cultures.

• pipthepiper
    hace 4 años

This room is really well put together. Anybody can do as they please in their own house, therefore nobody should owe anybody any apologies. If you don’t like it or are offended by it or wanna talk to the manager about it great! I hope you lose sleep over it. That said, this room looks great!

• PRO
    Ardie Collins-Davis
    hace 3 años

Too many people read too much into everything these days. Decorating is an ART...some you like..some you don’t...Maybe, we should start reading into manners...don’t have anything nice to say...don’t say it! All that being said..lol. Would you mind sharing the lovely paint color for this lovely decorated room?

• Christian Decor
    hace 2 años

The Bible condemns religion. I believe in Jesus. Jesus please have mercy on our souls.

• Jenni Hawkins
    hace 2 años

I love this room. Some people need to stop being offended by people who don’t have the exact same taste as they do. It’s ridiculous.

• Melody
    el último año

I personally wouldn’t put a picture of skull in my house ,but I’m not offended by any means …it just not my taste ,but the room is beautiful !!

• sylviahorres40
    el último año

Maybe a painting of a snowflake would be less offensive! 😂

• Susan P.
    el último año

Wonder how Scott handles Halloween?

• Terry Lust
    el último año

Everyone’s offended by everything these days, and the poor little ones who are, would never survive in the 60’s & 70’s when I and my people grew up and had the best music, fastest cars, wore mini skirts because we were all thin back then, went to Vietnam, burned draft cards, burned bras, and if anyone was offended by anything, SO WHAT?!!!

• john3582
    el último año

The artwork above the fireplace-meh. The skulls heaped in the fireplace are creepy.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.