Houzz Logo Print
5280realestatestaging

Where to stop painting

Help! I love the look of the black paint under the stairs but I'm guessing I should have left it white. If I keep it black, where do I stop? It makes sense that the other side of the stairs is black as well and then I have to go all the way up the stairs on both sides. Then there is not white trim on stairs at all. Would I paint the trim under the black black too? If I keep it black, where do I stop? Or should I just paint it white again?

Comentarios (12)

• beckysharp Reinstate SW Unconditionally
    hace 4 años

I'm not a fan of the look, and would probably do all the trim in white. I think the black railings look great, but one reason they look great is the contrast with white trim; the contrast with white also sets the wood stairs off exceedingly well. But you lose a lot, if not all, of the contrast when you paint the area by the stairs black. And three paint colors in this small area is one too many.

Also, if you're doing this to stage a house, it seems highly taste specific to me.

• PRO
    Window Treats Inc.
    hace 4 años

I agree with beckysharp. It looks too busy in the space. Paint all white, especially for staging.

• Yayagal
    hace 4 años

I would paint all the black and make it the same as the back wall of the stairs, match it exactly and call it a day.

• cpartist
    hace 4 años

Either all black trim or all white trim. Not both.

• suezbell
    hace 4 años

Paint it all either one color or the other -- all the way up the stairs. Personally prefer the same color as the railing.

• lefty47
    hace 4 años

HI -- Painting all the stringers (sides of the stairs ) and the white trim to black the same as the rail and spindles would look very elegant . Try to have only two colors there - stairs and the walls and not have the white trim also . So one or the other but not three colors . Try the black and live with it for a while - then if you don't like it go back to white . But do you have black anywhere else ? Don't have that as the only black area in the room.

• littlebug zone 5 Missouri
    hace 4 años

I don’t care for the all-black sample above. Looks very dull to me and shows little contrast between the black and the stair runners. Almost industrial warehouse.

I think the white trim looks sharp and clean.

• ilikefriday
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Will you place a runner on the staircase? A runner can be used to create contrast with the black.

• PRO
    5280 Real Estage Staging
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

This is actually my staircase which is why I am stuck. It's always easier to make decisions for other people! Thank you all for commenting. The replies run from all white to all black and everything in between. Obviously, not an easy, unanimous decision to be had. I appreciate. the feedback. Thank you.

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

IMO, with the iron and the wood steps, all else should be white for the best look, including the hand rail, unless you can stain it to match the risers and treads.

• srea123
    hace 4 años

Paint it white again.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.