Houzz Logo Print
falcon3za

How could I add these kicker drawers

Itai
hace 4 años
We're looking to DIY flatpack our kitchen. These drawers are a brilliant way to gain extra space. I'm assuming the kitchen is custom built, but if we have flatpack kitchens, for which base carcasses have legs, how might we add drawers like this? I.e. what are the sliders attached too, as from what I've seen, normally there are just legs underneath? Thanks
An Elegantly Functional Kitchen in Durham · Más información

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    emma delon
    hace 4 años

Thanks for your question! These cabinets were custom built. They do not have legs (as mostly you get the legs with flat pack or pre-made rather than the custom cabinetry). The cabinets have a toe kick built as part of the cabinetry which provides sides, top, and bottom for the toe kick drawers to be attached to. You would likely have to build some kind of box in between the legs of the flat-pack cabinets, or possibly attach the drawers to the floor rather than the cabinets to make this work. You also have to make sure that the drawer fronts are high enough off the floor that they won't scrape the floor if it's not perfectly flat. Thanks again!

• Itai
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thanks Emma. yeah, I was actually thinking about the height off the floor last night. It'll be hard to do that and still make it look seamless!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.