Houzz Logo Print
marta1s

White wash plank ceiling

MMS
hace 4 años

I know this is an older project, but do you remember what was used in the plank ceiling? Was it a pickling stain, whitewash stain, or just watered down paint? I would love to hear any advice if you remember this project. Thank you!

Knotty pine ceiling - with new stain changes the colors in the whole house · Más información

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    Sundance Colors
    hace 4 años

Hello Marta,

The stain used was a water based Arborcoat semi transparent - it was a custom mixed color.

When is comes to wooden ceilings - since the stain shows the underling color of the wood and that original color interacts with the stain and mixes with it - the only way to achieve a good result is to try it on the surface, and tweak the color a bit until the desired color is achieved.

I hope that answered your question. you are also welcomed to call me if you wish.

Rachel 530 300 8844

• MMS
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you so much Rachel!!! I’ve tried a few iterations taking a board to Sherwin Williams but nothing looked right... I need to continue trying more. The best option so far was to use our white trim color diluted half and half, but the painters may hate me for the runny paint :( Thanks for the encouragement to keep trying.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.