Houzz Logo Print
cavgirl76

Very tall wall in a small living room

Kristin Moore
hace 4 años
última modificación:hace 4 años

Hi everyone! I am in need of ideas of how to decorate my living room wall. It is very tall wall and the room itself has unique exposed vaunted ceilings. I’ve had the same boring decor for the past 7 years and I’m now wanting a change. I love the farmhouse look. I’ve thought about putting a massive mirror there or possibly black and white family photos. I just don’t know what direction to go. It is the main focal wall of that room. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I’m looking for a“wow” wall

Comentarios (38)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 4 años

Post a photo. But FYI you decorate at eye level.:)

Kristin Moore agradeció a JAN MOYER
  • Kristin Moore
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I’ve tired uploading pics 3 times. It looks like it’s been uploaded on my end. Not sure what I’m doing wrong

• J Williams
    hace 4 años

Try making it smaller or only putting one pic in each post.

• Kristin Moore
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I’m not sure why it’s not working. I even tried to just reply to you and add the photo. I’ve used this site before and never had an issue with photos.

• Kristin Moore
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

• Kristin Moore
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Okay I was finally able to figure it out.

• IdaClaire
    hace 4 años

Your pictures are there now. The photo uploader is notoriously wonky here and everyone knows it, so a bit of patience with this process would serve everyone well.

Kristin Moore agradeció a IdaClaire
  • Kristin Moore
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you! I like that idea!

• Kristin Moore
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

How far up the wall would I start the photos?

• jck910
    hace 4 años

I would move the TV to that wall. It is too high over FP. Art over the FP. art.com

Kristin Moore agradeció a jck910
  • jck910
    hace 4 años

• jck910
    hace 4 años

No higher than the door frame

Kristin Moore agradeció a jck910
  • Kristin Moore
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I appreciate the comments and help. Yes it’s comfortable to watch, however We thought about moving it. The issue is the outlets are on the smaller wall next to it where we can hide the cords with our media cabinet so there it has stayed.

• Kristin Moore
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Also, the sofas Can’t really be moved to a different spot so viewing the tv from one of the sofas would be uncomfortable to watch on that wall.

• groveraxle
    hace 4 años

I did not read any of the comments. I would put the TV there and put art over the fireplace. The TV over the fireplace is way too wide and unbalances that wall.

Kristin Moore agradeció a groveraxle
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 4 años

Get an electrician. Lower the tv and get an IR repeater. there is no need for cords showing anywhere.

Kristin Moore agradeció a JAN MOYER
  • Kristin Moore
    Autor original
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Jan, there are currently no cords showing anywhere. I have a media cabinet on the wall next to the tv that is storing the cable box etc. So you suggest leaving the tv on that wall just lowering it? I wish I could upload pics of my entire living room. It’s been the hardest room in my home for me to decorate.

• bubblyjock
    hace 4 años

I wouldn't hang a mirror anywhere because it invariably reflects the ceiling when one is sitting down, which, in your case, is quite busy with all the black beams and hvac ducting and vents, so I'd keep the eye interested in art and the tv set lower down.

Kristin Moore agradeció a bubblyjock
  • decoenthusiaste
    hace 4 años

Yes, move TV to that wall and then start shopping for some new seating pieces. A 3-seat sofa and 2 armchairs can be counted on almost anywhere.

• happyleg
    hace 4 años

A rug under front feet.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 4 años

Yep, the wall isn't that big and the TV is on the wrong wall

Just switch the items.

• Kristin Moore
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you everyone for the responses. I guess I’m confused as far as moving the tv. replacing seating pieces or not, watching tv from that angle would be uncomfortable. We would be look’ing at the tv from the side having to turn our heads.

• groveraxle
    hace 4 años

Try angling the sofas, or replace one of the sofas with two swivel chairs.

• roccouple
    hace 4 años

Have you considered drywalling over the ceiling? Or removing the stuff up there? I don’t know how attached you are to it. It’s always going to dominate and be the focal point of the room. I’d say go industrial style if you keep it. But to get a different vibe id change it personally

• housegal200
    hace 4 años

Beverly and Groveraxle have given you two great and fairly simple choices! Choose one of those..

• Kristin Moore
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I love my ceilings so I don’t want to change those one bit. Beverly, I love your suggestion!! that’s my favorite! Thank you. My husband has work to do lol

• ulisdone
    hace 4 años

Lie on the sofa to watch the newly located tv.

• Kristin Moore
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Sorry, one more question directed at Beverly. Leave above the tv bare? Also about how far up should the tv be on that wall. Thank you again!

• PRO
    Lauren Coburn LLC
    hace 4 años

Hi Kristin!

i would use one huge piece of art or one huge mirror on wall next to doors.

Kristin Moore agradeció a Lauren Coburn LLC
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 4 años

Not every square inch of a wall needs to be covered with stuff. Here is the diagram indicating the proper mounting height for a TV

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 4 años

SPAM!

• Prima
    hace 4 años

I have a tall wall (10ft) that was 22 ft wide and very boring!

You could tile the wall to the ceiling, where your TV and fireplace are, and make that a focal wall. My living room is also small.(12' x 22') I added switch on the side for potlights/dimmer.

Here's pics of mine....It definitely catches all eyes, and I always get compliments.

Also, I'd like to add, I have many mirrors and NONE reflect my ceiling, (as another poster commented) except for my mirrored coffee table! Mirrors on walls always create illusion of larger space!

Glass & Metal tiled Wall · Más información

Kristin Moore agradeció a Prima
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 4 años

IMO the TV should go there and a piece of art above the FP

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 4 años

I only suggested the arched metal wall decor above the FP because you had it already. It would not be my selection for your room.

Kristin Moore agradeció a BeverlyFLADeziner
  • Kristin Moore
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you, I too want to change it.

• Olychick
    hace 4 años

That's exactly what groveraxle suggested at the top of this thread.

• Kristin Moore
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Yes, the picture helped me to visualize it though. Thanks again everyone!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.